Northwestern Medicine Hospitals Recognized as Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report
Here at Northwestern Medicine, better is everywhere.
In its annual Best Hospitals rankings, U.S. News & World Report, 2023 – 2024, has once again recognized Northwestern Medicine hospitals as leaders in clinical excellence.
“Our rankings reflect the dedication of our outstanding physicians, nurses and staff to the patients they care for and the communities we serve,” says Howard B. Chrisman, MD, president and CEO, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare. “It is this shared commitment and focus that allows us to push the boundaries of medical science and provide groundbreaking care, from discovery to delivery, and shape the future of health care.”
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is the only Illinois hospital named to the national Best Hospitals Honor Roll for 12 straight years. The Honor Roll is a select group of only 22 hospitals recognized for their exceptional performance across specialties, procedures and conditions.
Other highlights from across Northwestern Medicine in this year’s Best Hospitals rankings include:
- In addition to retaining its position on the Honor Roll, Northwestern Memorial Hospital is nationally ranked in 11 specialties.
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital is ranked No. 8 in both Illinois and the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital is ranked No. 10 (tie) in both Illinois and the Chicago metropolitan area. The hospital is nationally ranked in three specialties.
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry, Huntley and Woodstock Hospitals are ranked as a group and are ranked No. 12 in both Illinois and the Chicago metropolitan area. The hospitals are designated as “High Performing” in three specialties.
- Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital is ranked No. 14 (tie) in Illinois and No. 13 (tie) in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Northwestern Medicine Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the first time with a national ranking of No. 35 for Rehabilitation.
- Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is designated as “High Performing” in one specialty.
- Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital is recognized as “High Performing” in three procedures and conditions.
At Northwestern Medicine, we take care of our people so they can take care of the diverse communities we serve and bring better medicine closer to where our patients live and work. If you want to be part of something better or know someone who is, explore the current job openings at Northwestern Medicine.