While each of our 11 hospitals and more than 200 locations has a unique story, Northwestern Medicine is unified under one vision: to put patients first in everything that we do. Anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital in downtown Chicago, Northwestern Medicine brings academic medicine into the heart of local communities across the suburbs and beyond, close to where our patients live and work.
Northwestern Medicine is dedicated to providing the most advanced health care to the communities and patients we serve. The Northwestern Medicine clinical and administrative staff, medical and science faculty, and medical students come together every day with a shared commitment to superior quality, academic excellence, scientific discovery and patient safety.
Northwestern Medicine has:
- More than 33,000 employees dedicated to exceptional service and care
- More than 4,400 aligned physicians, including faculty, residents and scientists, offering treatment informed by the latest research from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- 6 hospitals honored by the Magnet® Recognition Program for meeting the highest standards for patient care and nursing excellence
- Hundreds of locations throughout the Chicagoland area
Join The Quest For Better And Review Our Open Opportunities Today!
Our Mission, Vision and Core Values
Whether directly providing patient care or supporting those who do, every Northwestern Medicine employee has an impact on the quality of the patient experience and the level of excellence we collectively achieve. This knowledge, expressed in our shared commitment to a single, patient-focused mission, unites us.
Northwestern Medicine is a premier integrated academic health system where the patient comes first.
- We are all caregivers or someone who supports a caregiver.
- We are here to improve the health of our community.
- We have an essential relationship with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- We integrate education and research to continually improve excellence in clinical practice.
- We serve a broad community and strive to bring the best in medicine closer to where patients live and work.
To be a premier integrated academic health system that will serve a broad community and bring the best in medicine—including breakthrough treatments and clinical trials enhanced through our affiliation with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine—to a growing number of patients close to where they live and work.
Patients first: Putting our patients first in all that we do
Integrity: Adhering to an uncompromising code of ethics that emphasizes complete honesty and sincerity
Teamwork: Team success over personal success
Excellence: Continuously striving to be better