A Culture of Service and Giving
Team NM is our employee volunteer-hub that supports healthcare community partner organizations and initiatives that address community health needs. In fiscal year 2022, our Team NM volunteers did more to make a difference in the communities we serve than ever before.
Below are some of the record-breaking highlights. Our volunteer teams:
- Participated in 174 volunteer events — more than four times the total events in fiscal year 2021
- 1,335 people volunteered with Team NM
- 843 members of our workforce volunteered with Team NM more than once
- Donated more than 4,000 hours of meaningful service across Chicago and the surrounding suburbs
- Forged new partnerships supporting 91 organizations that address social determinants of health and other identified health needs in their local communities
- Helped organize 49 Northwestern Medicine group volunteer events helping teams give back while bonding as colleagues
“Northwestern Medicine is proud to work toward health equity with local organizations addressing social determinants of health in our communities,” says Posh Charles, senior vice president of Administration, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare. “Our volunteers lend their time and expertise to local agencies that are removing barriers to better health in many ways."
Here are some of the ways our volunteers addressed social determinants of health in fiscal year 2022:
- Supported food, clothing, toy and school supply distributions
- Helped at community flu vaccine clinics
- Supported and encouraged youth in under-resourced communities
- Cleaned and tended gardens that help feed local communities
- Worked with the NM Champion Network to support nonprofits that serve groups that have been historically underrepresented in the fields of medicine and science
- Helped people with disabilities try adaptive sports
- Sorted donated medical supplies and equipment
- Disposed of prescription medications to prevent misuse
- Built and restored affordable housing
Team NM is open to all of our employees. When you join Northwestern Medicine, you join a talented group of people looking to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve.