Echo Tech II Oakbrook Cardiology Clinic Full-time DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 110854 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $30.89 + per hour.
The Echo Tech II reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The registered echocardiography technician performs inpatient and outpatient echocardiography procedures as ordered by a physician. These echo procedures include: 2-D, M-Mode echocardiography and pulsed, continuous wave, color and tissue doppler procedures on the adult patient population.
The Echo Tech II assists with stress echocardiography and transesophageal echo procedures. In addition, assists with other clinical tests such as EKG and exercise stress testing as requested. All functions of this role shall be performed within the guidelines of the department and hospital policies. This position performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Demonstrates familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Demonstrates familiarity with digital lab organization.
- Performs adult 2-D, M-Mode, pulsed, continuous and color doppler echocardiograms per policy and procedure.
- Provides timely call coverage per department standard per policy and procedure.
- Performs adult stress echo per policy and procedure.
- Performs adult transesophogeal echo per policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to state rationale for imaging decisions based on critical thinking.
- Explains procedure to patient.
- Documents routine and exceptional information relevant to testing.
- Archives and retrieves study images.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner which optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Maintains competency in echo contrast (determine the need for contrast, review for contraindications or side effects, and proficiently meets competency in the administration of contrast agents).
- Communicates clinical information accurately and effectively.
- Reviews physician orders and performs procedures accordingly.
- Assures all work is completed in Syngo and EPIC.
- Checks images with cardiologist as needed.
- Participates in Lab ICAEL accreditation activities.
- Precepts sonographer interns.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities.
- Completes all required and mandatory learning on time
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1 year of experience
- Hospital-based Doppler echocardiography, transesophogeal and transesophogael echocardiography experience
- Must demonstrate imaging skills
- Associate’s degree with one year relevant experience
- Active ARDMS or CCI Echo registry status
- Graduate from an accredited cardiac ultrasound program
- Computer application aptitude
- BLS Certified
- Ability to speak Spanish
- 3 years of experience
- Experience in telemedicine transmissions
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs