Rehab Nurse Tech Ortho/Musculoskeletal Full Time Nights $4000 Sign on BonusLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 91993 Job Function Patient Support Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Three East is a twenty-one-bed unit specializing in orthopaedic / musculoskeletal rehabilitation. The program specializes in treating individuals with joint replacements, amputation, arthritis, disease that affect bones and muscles and orthopaedic trauma, such as fracture, sports injury or other trauma. Our team is comprised of physicians, nurses, nursing assistants and therapists working together to provide exceptional care with a focus on patient and family education with the goal of discharging patients to the communities.
$4,000 Sign on Bonus (internal transfers and rehires of less than a year are ineligible)
The Rehabilitation Nurse Technician (RNT)reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. The RNT has expertise related to the specific needs for patients in the rehabilitation environment which includes severe chronic conditions and complex disabilities. The RNT is a member of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation care team and supports interventions to help individuals and their families achieve independence, adjustments to the patients’ health and to look beyond the disability or condition. The RNT services adults and children
Under the direction/delegation and supervision of a professional registered nurse, the RNT assists the patient with activities of daily living, mobility skills, skin, bowel and bladder programs, and maintains a clean, safe environment for the patient. Additional technical skills, under the direction of the RN, de-escalation techniques and 12 lead EKG. The RNT role serves as an active participant in the unit quality projects which can include data collection as well as unit equipment inventory and maintenance. The RNT is responsible to precept new RNT employees.
Patient Care/Clinical Duties:
- Collects and reports pertinent physiological, psychological, and functional data based on patient plan of care or patient need.
- Assists and instructs patients with personal hygiene and activities of daily living, including showering, promoting maximal independence and skill practice.
- Performs preventive skin care program as directed by RN and report any changes in skin integrity immediately to the RN.
- Assists patients with bladder and bowel training programs including post void residuals and spot bladder scans. Perform straight catheterization for select patient populations under direction of RN and provide care for indwelling and external catheters and ostomies.
- Accurately obtains and documents patients' vital signs/pulse oximetry and communicates any reportable values, symptoms or signs of distress to the RN.
- Assists patients with transfers and mobility activities utilizing appropriate techniques, precautions and assistive devices. Practice therapy transfers and ambulation with patients within safe patient handling guidelines as delegated by the RN.
- Assists patient with application of assistive devices and prosthetics/orthoses according to individual patient plan of care.
- Assists patients with completing menus. Passes patient meal trays and HS snacks, verifying any modified diet is as ordered. Accurately calculates and documents calorie count and carbohydrates, intake and output as ordered.
- Assist patient with 1:1 feeds as ordered. For patients with dysphagia, cue patient to use ordered swallowing strategies, under the direction of the RN.
- Answers and triages patient call lights and meets patient care needs with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Proactively set up patient room for therapy readiness.
- Get weekly weights on all patients, and daily as ordered, using appropriate method for patients moblility, and escalating changes as needed. .
- Collection of laboratory specimens as directed by RN.
- Obtains blood glucose measurements and 12- lead EKG as ordered.
- Transfers patient from wall to tank oxygen or tube feedings in preparation for patient attending therapy.
- Provide supervision and activities, or restraint use, for patients with high risk for fall or injury.
- Regular comfort and environmental safety rounding to proactively meet patient needs .:
- Provide de-escalation techniques for agitated and aggressive patient behaviors.
- Serve as a safety 1:1 for patients as needed.
- Maintains and organizes unit equipment inventories.
- Preceptor to new employees and partner with RNTcertified nursing students during clinical rotation.
- Inclusive of all other duties as assigned by nurse manager, nurse supervisor, staff nurse and charge nurse.
- Serves on Cardiac Arrest team performing high quality CPR.
- Participate in bedside handoff.
- Participates in system and local quality improvement goals.
- Collects data and audits for Joint Commission readiness and improvement projects.
- Assists in the maintenance of unit readiness to meet regulatory standards.
- Maintains a therapeutic relationship to provide optimal customer-focused care.
- Communicates effectively with patients at level appropriate to age and cognitive status, showing cultural sensitivity.
- Interacts effectively with peers and other hospital staff to foster positive working relationships.
- Effectively triages patient and the general concerns to RN.
Infection Control/Patient Safety:
- Contributes to the safe, effective and professional delivery of patient care including use of safety/restrictive devices.
- Follows Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of Marianjoy’s policies concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warning and general safety procedures.
Adaptability and Flexibility:
- Rotates to all units based on patient care needs.
- Adjusts to changes in policy and procedure, unit and patient population.
- High School or equivalent (GED) High School degree, or G.E.D equivalent, is required.
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) is required or current enrollment in an RN Nursing Program, with the successful completion of two clinical rotations.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and provide highest level of customer service.
- Understanding and support of Northwestern Medicine’s Mission and Values.
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment.
- 2-5 years work experience is preferred in a rehabilitation hospital, acute care hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs