Occupational Therapist In House Registry, Marianjoy WheatonLocation Wheaton, Illinois Business Unit Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital Job REQID 116511 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Occupational Therapistreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Occupational Therapist provides safe and effective occupational therapy services including the evaluation of functional performance ability of persons impaired by physical illness or injury, congenital or developmental disability and/or the aging process. The Occupational Therapist analyzes, selects and applies goal directed interventions for the treatment or prevention of these impairments/functional limitations to achieve maximum independence. The Occupational Therapist has the ultimate responsibility for the provision of services including the supervision of occupational therapy support personnel.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients and provides occupational therapy evaluations, modalities and treatments in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality of patient care.
- Selects, administers and adapts the content of patient evaluations according to the OT evaluation protocol and AOTA Standards of Practice.
- Interprets evaluations results to identify patient strengths, impairments and functional limitations.
- Establishes functional, objective and measurable goals in accordance with the patient’s level of function, age, length of stay and discharge disposition.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those patients being treated by occupational therapist assistants and students.
- Reevaluates the patient, continually, and modifies or discontinues the plan accordingly.
- Appropriately selects, applies, and modifies treatment interventions to insure achievement of treatment goals and provides patient/family teaching.
- Terminates service when maximum benefit is achieved, completes a comprehensive discharge and limitations, and goa attainment. Collaborates with Occupational Therapy Assistants as per state practice act guidelines.
- Makes appropriate and judicious use of doubled, group/and or joint treatment sessions.
- Maintains productivity level of direct care.
- Maintains treatment area, equipment and supply inventory.
- Schedules and prioritizes workload.
- Communicates effectively with patients and caregivers at levels appropriate to their age, cognitive status and language abilities and informs them of necessary information related to diagnosis, functional level and potential outcomes.
- Interacts and practices in collaboration with a variety of professionals.
- Documents, on an ongoing basis, services provided, responses to services, and changes in status relative to the plan of care.
- Instructs patients and family regarding functional activities, home programs, and equipment use.
- Participates in the fieldwork education process by establishing a supportive environment while supervising OT/OTA students.
- Supervises and provides education/instruction to facilitate professional growth of the COTA.
- Assists in performance improvement and support development activities.
- Contributes to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the development.
- Communicates suggestions related to opportunities for improvement and maintaining positive relations with all customers.
- Identifies personal professional strengths and weaknesses and assumes responsibility for professional growth.
- Participates in internal and external continuing education opportunities and shares learning with staff.
- Rotates services assigned based on census at home/program site.
- Complies with and adjusts to policy and procedure changes within the program/site.
- Based on patient’s cognitive, physical, age and functional limitations, utilizes safe & appropriate guarding techniques and assistive/adaptive devices.
- Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warnings, and general safety.
- Delivers services consistent with the established Mission and Philosophy.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and respects the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Complies with current AOTA Code of Ethics, and state licensure laws.
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is consistent with and shows commitment to the NM Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Degree from a school of an Occupational Therapy Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Applicable assessment and treatment knowledge of preferred practice patterns related to various patient populations.
- Understanding of state, federal, and professional practice laws, regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Basic proficiency with a computer keyboard is required.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment.
- Maintenance of a license to practice Occupational Therapy in the state of Illinois (or licensure application on file with the State Department of Processional Regulation)
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Two to three years of previous work experience delivering occupational therapy services in a program and similar environment. New graduates may be qualified if clinical fieldwork experience is applicable and supervision by an experience occupational therapist is available.
Hours/Schedule: IHR (In House Registry) to cover PTO, Leave, or Schedule gaps. Expectation 192 -hours in a year, which includes 4-weekend days per quarter and 2-holidays. But can also accommodate weekday availability.
*Not a benefited position
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs