Staff Nurse PH Telemetry Hp4 Part Time Nights $2,500 Sign OnLocation Palos Heights, Illinois Business Unit Palos Hospital Job REQID 119566 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $32.50 + per hour.
$2,500 Sign On Bonus
Internal employees and employees rehired within one year are not eligible for sign-on bonus
The Staff Nursereflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The registered professional nurse assumes accountability and responsibility for the individualized, age-specific care of a patient along the continuum from admission to discharge. She/He gives direct care to assigned patients and assists with other patient care when necessary. The registered professional nurse’s decisions and actions on behalf of the patient/family are determined in an ethical manner. She/He collects and analyzes the assessment data in determining nursing diagnoses, collaborates with the patient/family and other health care team members, develops a plan of care to attain realistic outcomes, provides education founded on evidence-based practice, and systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Assess and records patient status and identifies patient care needs upon admission/point of care entry.
- Organizes the assessment health data so that it is accurate, complete and accessible.
- Identifies problems that need immediate attention.
- Validates diagnoses with patient/family and other health care team members.
- Documents diagnoses in a manner that facilitates the determination of expected outcomes and plan of care.
- Initiates Problem List at the time of admission and updates as needed. Incorporates principles of age-specific care into the patient’s plan of care.
- Documents that the patient’s individualized plan of care has been discussed with and agreed upon by the patient/family.
- Begins plans for discharge at time of admission; consults with patient/family and health care team members regarding discharge plan.
- Identifies patient teaching needs on admission and throughout hospital stay.
- Arranges conferences with patient and/or family and other members of health team when indicated to plan care.
- Prioritizes and organizes nursing interventions that are evidence based and reflective of established standards of care.
- Provides individualized, mutually agreeable, patient and family education that is founded on evidence-based practice and research guidelines.
- Documents all assessments, interventions and patient responses.
- Reviews consistently the patient’s health data to keep the Plan of Care updated.
- Assures that revisions to the plan of care are systematic and ongoing and are driven by measurable realistic goals.
- Documents the patient’s progression toward identified outcomes.
- Identifies unmet outcomes and provides direction for continuity of care.
- Reassesses nursing actions for effectiveness in achieving desired outcomes.
- Communicates with patient/family and health care team members re: patient care and nursing’s role in the provision of care.
- Collaborates with patient/family and healthcare team members re: the patient’s progress/plan of care.
- Presents relevant patient information at multidisciplinary meetings/conferences for feedback from peers.
- Makes appropriate referrals as needed for continuity of care.
- Graduate of an NLN accredited school/college of nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) with commitment to obtain a BSN from an accredited program within three years of first day of employment in clinical nurse role.
- Current licensure in the state of Illinois
- Competent in basic nursing and computer skills
- Current AHA BLS provider certification.
- Experience in specific clinical area.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs