Cook - Food & Nutrition, Casual, RotatingLocation McHenry, Illinois Business Unit McHenry Hospital Job REQID 8777 Job Function Food Services Shift Rotating Apply Now
See what our staff have to say about working in this department and at Northwestern Medicine! https://app.shift.io/review/63ebd003c760df4e4c0bf01d
The Cook position reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position cooks and prepares hot food for distribution to patients, the cafeteria, and catering services.
- Oversees personnel engaged in processing, decontaminating, sterilizing and delivering a wide variety of patient care items and surgical instruments according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepares food items following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Adheres to all applicable guidelines, including HACCP, regarding the storage, handling and preparation of food and usage of equipment/supplies.
- Confers with production manager regarding modified diet preparation and use of leftovers.
- Adheres to all applicable guidelines regarding the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school degree
- Prior cooking experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs