Radiology Tech-Diagnostic Radiology Casual RotatingLocation Lake Forest, Illinois Business Unit Lake Forest Hospital Job REQID 29715 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Rotating Apply Now
**This is a Casual position located at Lake Forest Hospital. Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) availability required with weekday, day shift preferred. Holiday rotation required.**
The Radiology Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Ensures all exams are ordered correctly in HIS/RIS, charged and tracked accurately.
- Positions and immobilizes patient on examining table.
- Enters data such as anatomical area to be radiographed and selects proper technique.
- Communicates with patient before procedure to obtain history, explain risks and what can be expected; communicates during procedure to monitor safety, and comfort.
- Views images on video display screen to ensure quality of pictures; produces radiographs.
- Obtains "wet reading" from radiologist.
- Assists in the reception area.
- Burns CDs and produces film copies when requested.
- Maintains and cleans work area and equipment.
- Receives and reviews orders, prioritizes urgent exams.
- Replenishes supplies and stocks rooms as needed.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- ARRT, IEMA.
- 2 to 3 years of undergraduate education or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate thorough working knowledge of the practices in a specialized field.
- One year or less of related work experience required, demonstrating familiarity with routines and procedures customary to the position.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs