Sonographer Regional Medical Group OBGYN Full Time Days $2,000 Sign-on BonusLocation Geneva, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 91004 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $30.89 + per hour.
The Sonographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures according to industry standards, along with department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates independent judgment in performing two dimensional ultrasonic recordings of female reproductive anatomy and fetal structures.
- Evaluates the request for diagnostic ultrasound services and assesses the patient to determine the appropriate procedure protocol and methods of application.
- Utilize equipment and accessories, employ techniques and procedures, perform services in accordance with an accepted standard of practice to generate ultrasound images and demonstrates expertise in limiting the exposure to the patient.
- Provides patient education in the form of written material and/or verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient's anxiety and enhance his/her comfort zone with respect to tolerance of the procedure.
- Acts as an agent through observation and communication to obtain pertinent information for the physician to aid the diagnosis and treatment management of the patient.
- Documents imaging procedures manually and/or electronically to insure correct charging, and patient and film file tracking.
- Sends acquired images to PACS system correctly using the appropriate accession numbers for future retrieval by medical staff.
- Monitors stock of supplies in imagining rooms to assure their regular availability by timely reordering, rotation of dated items, and by maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
- Reports incidences of equipment failure, irregularities in equipment performance, and equipment in disrepair to supervisor as soon as possible.
- ARDMS certification mandatory.
- Maintain continued development of education, training and experience consistent with AIUM site certification.
- CERT BLS
- REG ARDMS
- Two years of experience in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Graduate of AMA approved training program in ultrasonography.
Internal and rehire candidates are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs