Radiation Therapist Radiation Oncology Casual (NO BENEFITS) DaysLocation DeKalb, Illinois Business Unit Kishwaukee Hospital Job REQID 106782 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Radiation Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Radiation Therapist is responsible for the delivery of radiation therapy treatment to patients at the CDH Cancer Center. The therapist is responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures governing the high quality and compassionate delivery of radiation therapy treatments and simulations. The Radiation Therapist will work in cooperation with other team members to assure all treatment procedures are delivered accurately with compassion and according to the MD prescription provided.
- Instructs and prepares patients for radiation therapy or simulations.
- Demonstrates overall knowledge of treatments and use of pertinent equipment.
- Prepare supplies and equipment necessary for positioning and accuracy of treatment.
- Assesses patient pain interfering with treatments. Makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Rooms patients and provides direct patient care under the supervision of a physician, and/or direction of an RN/LPN. Records medical histories.
- Prepares patients for treatments and considers specific patient needs; administers care according to individual age and abilities.
- Adheres to CDH Environment of Care policies. Maintains infection control standards for treatment/procedure rooms and areas where patient care services are delivered. Cleans, disinfects, changes linen etc.
- Graduation from an approved 2- or 4-year program in Radiation Therapy or a degree in radiography combined with a 1-year program in Radiation Therapy.
- American Registry of Registered Technologist (ARRT) within 3 months of graduation, new graduates need Certificate of Completion from the college. IEMA/IDNS within 3 months of graduation.
- American Registry of Registered Technologists (ARRT) – new graduates need within three months of graduation
- IEMA/IDNS – new grads need within three months of graduation
- Bachelor of Science
- Proficiency in other languages
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs