Coordinator Psychosocial - Inpatient Behavioral Health Woodstock, Casual, Rotating ShiftsLocation Woodstock, Illinois Business Unit Woodstock Hospital Job REQID 23286 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Rotating Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 13 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Psychosocial Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Psychosocial Coordinator, under general supervision of the Unit Manager, and according to established policies and procedures, provides counseling, support, advocacy and discharge planning services to patients as assigned or referred. This role assists in utilization review to payer sources for patient services rendered.
- Interviews patient and family to gather data for psychosocial assessment upon admission.
- Maintains documentation and provides reassessment during the patient's stay.
- Assesses patient's age-related needs, level of functioning and need for linkage to community services, the impact of illness, patient's emotional and physical health, and patient's support system at admission and reassesses for discharge coordination and as needed.
- Communicates appropriate clinical review information to MCO's and other payer sources to ensure maximum reimbursement of services and tracks audit information as needed.
- Facilitates decision-making process of patient and family in developing an appropriate discharge plan.
- Coordinates plans for post-hospital with appropriate community resources. Serves as patient advocate in all communications with internal and external systems.
- Provides education on psychosocial issues in staffing and consultations.
- Provides education regarding diagnoses and community resources to patient and family.
- Participates in department Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Provides supportive counseling and conducts patient groups.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.
- Includes being able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
- Assesses patient situations identifying possible abuse and neglect issues and initiates follow-up with proper agencies.
- This position integrates the CHS values of genuine respect, passionate caring and a joyful spirit into each of the responsibilities of this job and daily communication with all customers and co-workers.
- Actively maintains confidentiality for patients and their families as outlined in the CHS Patient Confidentiality Policy and shows the same level of respect for every Associate within CHS.
- Adheres to and is responsible for the safety standards of Centegra Health System including the completion of the mandatory organizational safety standards on an annual basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least three (3) years of experience in related field.
- LCSW or LCPC.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs