Community Health Educator IHR - Weight Management, Casual, EveningsLocation Woodstock, Illinois Business Unit Woodstock Hospital Job REQID 34551 Job Function Patient Education Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Community Health Educatorreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Community Health Educator, Community Health Services will be responsible for the execution and evaluation of community-based programming that is aligned with the health needs of the community identified in the Community Health Needs Assessment, as well as the strategic plan of the organization.
- Develops an understanding of the role and position of Northwestern Medicine in promoting community wellness.
- Educate students, school staff and the community on injury prevention, wellness and other programs offered at Northwestern Medicine.
- Acts as lead presenter in classrooms, assemblies or health fairs.
- Assists in program development and evaluation; completes and returns event evaluations for each event worked.
- Represents Northwestern Medicine in a knowledgeable, positive and supportive manner; has an enthusiastic, engaging, compassionate and respectful presence.
- Demonstrates understanding of marketing in working and evaluating events.
- Sets up displays and tables in an attractive, inviting and neatly-arranged manner; takes care of equipment while setting up and tearing down, returns all materials promptly.
- Adheres to school or institutional requests or regulations.
- Assists with child passenger safety events.
- Experience/education in teaching, marketing or health-related field
- Ability to travel to community events
- Excellent oral and written skills,
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Pharmacy Practice Coordinator - Drug Information, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Housekeeper - Central DuPage Hospital, Full-time, Days, $$3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Transporter, CDH, Full-time, Rotating Shifts, $$3,000.00 Sign-On Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, Spinal Cord, $2,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time Nights Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs