Case Therapist II - Outpatient Behavioral Health, Casual, DaysLocation Woodstock, Illinois Business Unit Woodstock Hospital Job REQID 65767 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Annual Employee Incentive Bonus
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $5,250 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year
The Case Therapist IIreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Responsible for assessing patients, planning treatment , and providing direct patient services including individual, group, and family counseling. Case Therapist coordinates care including communicating with treatment team, patient, and family, documenting in medical record, and discharge planning, continuum of care.
Patient Satisfaction and Service Excellence
· Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
· Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers. Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so. Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
· Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
· Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments. Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
Efficiency and Business Growth
· Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
· Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
· Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
· Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
· Conducts telephone screenings for information/inquiry calls may be conducted with wireless phones, and appointments may be scheduled in Microsoft Word or scheduling software. Must be able to complete these tasks to facilitate patient access to treatment.
· Documents in patient medical record via Microsoft Word or other automated medical records software in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Retrieves patient information in hospital medical records application to improve knowledge of case and facilitate patient moving through continuum of care.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Facilities individual and group counseling effectively, and provides family counseling as assigned in a fashion that assists the family system in working toward resolution of dysfunction.
· Understands and communicates clearly, concisely, and in a motivational fashion, the information pertaining to self-help groups, which assist patient in making a transition to such groups for ongoing support and problem solving.
· Understands DSM diagnosis and through clinical contact with the patient and input from the treatment team develops therapeutic interventions, which assist patient with addressing diagnosis.
· Establishes rapport with patient and patient's support system through a variety of techniques that encourage trust, disclosure, and behavioral changes on the part of the patient and family to assist with recovery.
· Utilizes feedback from supervisor and Clinical Director/Medical Director regarding performance, and keeps scheduled supervisory sessions.
· Develops effective discharge planning with input from multidisciplinary team and managed care/utilization review. Secures appropriate releases of information and consents for next level of care. Knowledgeable about referral sources and available community resources.
· Provides clinical supervision to graduate student interns as assigned.
Communication and Collaboration
· Communicates with patient and patient's support system information regarding admission, continued stay, and discharge planning regularly and documents this communication in patient's medical record.
· Communicates with clinical and non-clinical team member’s information that improves the patient care experience while maintaining confidentiality.
· Coordinates, communicates, and facilitates interaction between BHS and other providers of care, employers, and other referral sources as allowed by patient via written consent.
· Assists with assigned projects, including but not limited to back-up responsibilities for manager, leading staff meetings, program planning.
· Documents in medical record according to CDH standards, and regulatory and accrediting agencies including The Joint Commission.
· Develops treatment interventions as part of the treatment team to assist the patient in making therapeutic plans to interrupt problems and begin recovery in partnership with the patient and documented in the medical record.
· Completes evaluations/assessments as part of intake when assigned, and using patient placement criteria documents justification for recommended level of care.
· Submits time sheet reflecting number of clinical contacts and pre-approved supervision or supplemental assistance hours to manager as directed.
· Assists with administrative projects as assigned.
· Participates in staff and treatment team meetings and inservice education opportunities to improve team communication and consistency of staff approach.
· As assigned, gives case presentations to staff in a fashion where staff may integrate information as an educational experience, which may include sharing knowledge learned at seminars.
· Demonstrates baseline knowledge of drugs, including street drugs, over the counter, and prescribed medications and how they may therapeutically or negatively impact the patient.
· Actively gives input, either via committee participation or to manager, to elevate the quality of care. Shares trends and information from behavioral health field contacts that may help BHS develop programs and improve care.
· Demonstrates ability to cross train to other areas of BHS and seeks professional development opportunities to expand knowledge base. Accepts assignments of work to other units within BHS.
· Works at developing and maintaining a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments, and BHS staff.
· Effectively meets departmental expectations regarding patient volume, while maintaining departmental expectations for quality of care and patient satisfaction.
1-2 years of experience working with substance abuse and mental health populations.
Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, counseling, or related field
LSW, LCSW, LPC, LCPC or eligible for clinical licensure. Must obtain licensure when becoming eligible by meeting state’s requirements.
Experience and training in assessment, individual, family, and group counseling.
Must be computer comfortable and/or proficient as much of the medical records are automated.
Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, and dedicated to supporting patients.
3-5 years in intensive treatment setting and/or mental health setting.
Comprehensive knowledge of crisis intervention techniques for a broad spectrum of the mentally ill and chemically dependent population is preferred
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs