Case Therapist I - Outpatient Behavioral Health Woodstock, Casual, RotatingLocation Woodstock, Illinois Business Unit Woodstock Hospital Job REQID 19542 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Case Therapist I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Demonstrates NM values (Patients First, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence) in daily work and interactions.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Conducts telephone screenings for information/inquiry calls may be conducted with wireless phones, and appointments may be scheduled in Microsoft Word or scheduling software.
- Must be able to complete these tasks to facilitate patient access to treatment.
- Documents in patient medical record via Microsoft Word or other automated medical records software in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Retrieves patient information in hospital medical records application to improve knowledge of case and facilitate patient moving through continuum of care.
- Facilities individual and group counseling effectively, and provides family counseling as assigned in a fashion that assists the family system in working toward resolution of dysfunction.
- Understands and communicates clearly, concisely, and in a motivational fashion, the information pertaining to self help groups which, assist patient in making a transition to such groups for on-going support and problem solving.
- Understands DSM diagnosis and through clinical contact with the patient and input from the treatment team develops therapeutic interventions which assist patient with addressing diagnosis.
- Establishes rapport with patient and patient's support system through a variety of techniques that encourage trust, disclosure, and behavioral changes on the part of the patient and family to assist with recovery.
- Experience working with substance abuse and mental health populations.
- IL LPC or LSW Licensure.
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related field.
- Experience and training in assessment, individual, family, and group counseling.
- Must be computer comfortable and/or proficient as much as medical records are automated.
- 2-5 years in intensive treatment setting and /or mental health setting.
- IL LIC CPC, LIC LCSW, LIC MSW. C
- ERT CADC.
- Presentation skills including lectures and didactic presentations preferred.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Clinician - Digestive Health Clinic, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Cook I - West Region - Central DuPage Hospital, Part-time Winfield, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Psychiatric, Part-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Medical/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $2,000 Sign on Bonus! Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs