Surgery Scheduler - Regional Medical Group, Otolaryngology ENT, Full-Time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 33754 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Surgery Scheduler reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Complete and accurate scheduling of surgical services for patients undergoing procedures.
- Effectively interacts with other Perioperative Services health care team members.
- Efficiently schedules patients and secures accurate demographic, insurance, financial and clinical information in the hospital information system.
- Transcribes physician orders into EPIC for accurate patient scheduling, verifying physician orders are valid, and clarification of orders and preauthorization of testing.
- Works physician/department support calls in addition to patient scheduling.
- Obtains insurance preauthorization as needed.
- Provides preoperative instructions per protocols.
- 2 years experience in Registration/Scheduling
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Basic medical terminology and anatomy knowledge is preferred
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Blood Gas Technician, Full-time, Evenings Chicago, Illinois
- Physical Therapist - Rehab (Outpatient), Full-time, Days Grayslake, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator (Technicians) - Ophthalmology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Medical Laboratory Scientist - Point Of Care Testing, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs