Student Nurse Internship Program - Summer 2021Location Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID REF17420B Job Function Intern Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage2021 Student Nurse Internship (SNI) presents a valuable opportunity for nursing students to partner with a nurse preceptor to develop critical thinking skills and to develop a smooth transition in clinical practice upon graduation.
The SNI program is an 8-week, minimum, paid summer internship at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital. This program provides nursing students entering their first or second semester of their senior year a chance to be part of our Interprofessional Relationship-Based Care Practice Model in which we integrate our NM Values of Patient First, Excellence, Integrity & Teamwork. It gives Caregivers and Care Partners the opportunity to create & nurture relationships with patients, family, community, colleagues and self. This is accomplished through a caring and healing environment, teamwork within a professional practice environment, striving for ultimate patient safety and quality outcomes and Interprofessional collaboration in both Patient Care and Clinical Research.
The Student Nurse Intern’s (SNI) responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uphold the mission, vision and values of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital which include Patients First, Excellence, Teamwork, & Integrity.
- Mandatory attendance at the SNI and hospital orientation. The SNIs are also required to attend classroom learning sessions.
- Submit weekly journaling.
- Successful Student Nurse Interns will receive an employment offer at the conclusion of their structured internship.
Program Dates (mandatory full-time 8 week commitment):
Start Dates: May 19, June 2 or June 16 of 2021
Your hours will be scheduled with your unit leader and aligned with your assigned preceptor, which may include:
- Day Shift or Night Shift
- 12 hour shifts
- Some Weekend shifts
- No holidays or overtime
Application Due Date:
Friday, May 14th, 2021
- Participating units are adult inpatient.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Scribe - Ophthalmology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Liaison - OBGYN Oncology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Ortho/Oncology Med/Surgical, Part Time, Days - $1,000 Sign on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
- EVS Technician/Housekeeper - Kish Environmental Services, Summer Help DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs