Sterilizing Tech 2 CDH Centralized Sterilization Part-time Days Weekends OnlyLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 97758 Job Function Materials Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Sterilizing Tech 2 reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Sterilizing Tech 2 disassembles, cleans, assembles, sterilizes, and stores procedure trays, instruments, equipment and supplies according to prescribed procedures, following established infection control practices. This position completes requests to dispense supplies directly to the Operating Rooms and maintaining department supply inventory.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers. Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so. Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments. Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Interacts professionally with other hospital departments and personnel.
- Attends staff meetings or reads the minutes.
- Demonstrates willingness to work as a team with co-workers and management.
- Demonstrates the ability to use instrument tracking system.
- Demonstrates the ability to use surgery information system - all report needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to use other hospital information system applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to use the hospital phone system.
- Documents all sterilizing records.
- Maintains and updates department reports
- Attends in-service education.
- Stays current with e-learning.
- Strives to increase knowledge base.
- Dispenses sterile supplies and trays to hospital departments.
- Assembles case carts with high accuracy.
- Communicates with inventory specialties for all supplies.
- Performs quality control functions.
- Disassembles and cleans instruments and equipment using proper technique.
- Assembles instrument trays with high degree of accuracy using the instrument tracking system.
- Maintains assigned work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Sterilizes all instruments and supplies using the correct sterilization method.
- Completes all sterilization documentation.
- Prioritizes workload.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1 year of experience
- High School degree or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Certified SPDT
- 3+ years of experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More