Staff Nurse Exp Float - Delnor Resource Team, Full Time, DaysWinfield, Illinois Job REQID 1415 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Staff Nurse Exp Float reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for the complete nursing process, which includes assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation and documentation of patient care from a patients admission through discharge.
- Integrates contributions of interdisciplinary team to assure best possible outcomes are achieved.
- Supervises and maintains a professional relationship with licensed and unlicensed assistive personnel.
- A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
- Effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
- Ability to float to multiple assigned areas allowing for schedule flexibility as needed.
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide coordinated patient care.
- Delivers by demonstrating involvement of the patient and their family in a plan of care that is culturally sensitive.
- Adheres to hospital and nursing department philosophies and policies.
- Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect patient care planned for and delivered, as per policy and protocol.
- Applies current technology, competencies and theory in the delivery of care.
- Utilizes the documentation system to accurately reflect interventions delivered as per policy and protocol.
- Participates in meeting patient care needs which will ultimately improve team effectiveness.
- Assumes leadership role with healthcare team members to provide patient care.
- Directs patient care activities and delegates to other staff members appropriate activities in accordance with job description of those staff members.
- Assures quality of patient care by seeking counsel/collaboration with personnel who have specialized level of skill.
- Works effectively with the interprofessional team to reinforce, collaborate and have goal directed interactions.
Evaluation and Delivery of Care:
- Evaluates patient status and provides appropriate goal setting.
- Applies evidence based practice to care delivery.
- Improves patient care and/or hospital systems by utilizing quality measurement improvement data.
Infection Control/Patient Safety:
- Contributes to the safe, effective and professional delivery of care including use of safety/restrictive devices.
- Follows Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of policies concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warning and general safety procedures.
- Communicates effectively with patients and care givers at levels appropriate to their age, cognitive status and language abilities and informs them of necessary information related to their diagnoses, functional level and discharge instructions.
- Communicates patient care needs including change of status, using SBAR, to Medical Staff and members of the interdisciplinary team with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Appropriately uses the chain of command to inform the Medical Staff and Nurse Manager of immediate needs regarding patient care, safety concerns, and high priority issues.
- Participates in team conferences and professional and organization meetings.
Adaptability and Flexibility:
- Rotates to all units based on patient care needs.
- Adjusts to changes in policy and procedure, unit and patient populations.
- Complies with CE requirement for license renewal as determined by the State of Illinois.
- Participates in educational activities offered.
- Attends outside continuing education workshops and shares knowledge obtained with interprofessional team and applies new information in practice.
- 2 or more years of current acute nursing experience within the past 5 years.
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse Program.
- LIC RN
- CERT BLS.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 50lbs.
- 2-3 years clinical experience.
- Previous operational/leadership experience in an inpatient or outpatient setting
- 302109 Registered Nurse BSN (Template) Lake Forest, Illinois
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics - Naperville, IL Naperville, Illinois
- Ultrasonographer - Imaging, Casual, Rotating Glenview, Illinois
- Certified Surgical Technician - Cardiovascular Surgery, Full Time, Days -$6000 BONUS McHenry, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs