Research Laboratory Technologist - Full-time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 5784 Job Function Research Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Research Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is for a Research Technologist in a scientific research laboratory. Duties will include conducting supervised biochemistry and molecular biology experiments, collection, analysis and processing of clinical and laboratory samples, and laboratory maintenance. The Research Technologist must be willing to perform a variety of experiments independently using both routine and specialized techniques and methods, perform basic trouble-shooting techniques, and assist in report writing.
- Participates in design and execution of research lab projects.
- Conducts experimental tests and procedures.
- Processes and analyzes data.
- Assists with procurement of samples from various clinical studies and performs analysis.
- Maintains a quality laboratory notebook and prepares research findings for subsequent publication and presentation.
- Computer use for data analysis, word processing and graphics
- Manages lab record keeping.
- Manages the disposal of hazardous and biological waste within the lab.
- Maintains laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Operates and maintains standard lab equipment.
- Library work, such as literature searches and copying articles.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- B.S. or equivalent in biological sciences with at least one year of practical laboratory experience in some aspect of molecular/cellular biology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated.
- Willingness and ability to acquire new skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi task.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, preferably biochemistry or molecular biology or related basic science with a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience or a Master's degree in life sciences, or related basic science with minimum of 1 year of demonstrated laboratory experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing experiments, lab procedures, and protocols.
- Knowledge of statistical software
- Scientific writing abilities
- Western blot analysis
- Spin/process blood, tissue samples
- Experience with PCR machine
- Tissue freezing and cultures preparations (including cell isolation such as CTC)
- Immunohistochemistry (receptors analysis)
- Light microscopy skills
- PCR experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs