Registered Nurse Patient Care Resource Team Full-time DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 98780 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $34.00 + per hour.
The NM Patient Care Resource Team RNreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The NM Patient Care Resource Team RN is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. Effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice. The NM Patient Care Resource Team RN will be prepared to perform these duties at all NM hospitals as required by the schedule.
As a member of the NM Patient Care Resource Team, the nurse in this role will have assignments that span across all NM hospital locations. Generally, the minimum assignment at the same hospital location will be six (6) continuous weeks, with the maximum assignment not to exceed six (6) continuous months at the same hospital location. This position offers the RN the opportunity to enhance their clinical skills, as well as sharpen communication and teamwork. The NM Patient Care Resource Team RN works with many diverse people and grows relationships with fellow staff members all over Northwestern Medicine’s system hospitals.
- Collects and analyzes data, identifies expected outcomes, develops and implements an individualized plan, coordinates care delivery and evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Directs care and determines the appropriate utilization of any assistant involved in providing direct patient care.
- Collaborates with patient, family and/or significant others, physicians and ancillary staff. Creates a documented plan, focused on outcomes and decisions related to the care and delivery of services that indicates communications with patients, families, and others.
- Participates in shared decision making, committee work, and unit projects.
- Evaluates and documents the patient’s responses to nursing interventions in the health record and properly individualizes the plan of care based on the evaluation of findings.
- Utilizes the best available evidence, including research findings to guide practice decisions.
- Minimum of two years of inpatient med/surg, stepdown or ICU experience Is one year sufficient?
- Current State of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Strong analytic abilities
- Previous RN experience in a float or coverage capacity in the inpatient hospital setting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, with expectation to obtain BSN after 2 years of employment
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More