Registered Nurse Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Full-time Nights $10,000 Sign-on BonusLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 92501 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $32.50 + per hour.
- 35 bed Level III NICU
- Care for a wide variety of patients including:
- Premature birth (less than 37 weeks gestation) including extreme prematurity
- Low birth weight and disorders of fetal growth
- Respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) and other breathing problems
- Disorders of the heart, lung and gastrointestinal systems
- Congenital anomalies and genetic conditions
- Medical complications such as apnea, feeding problems, low blood sugar, jaundice, seizures, or infections including sepsis
- Staff collaborate with multiple on-site sub-specialty areas to provide comprehensive family-centered patient care.
- Operate in partnership with providers from Ann & Robert H. Lurie’s Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
- Provide a neonatal transport team to service Northwestern Medicine Hospitals and the surrounding community.
- The CDH NICU was awarded the ChildKind certification demonstrating a commitment to the management of pediatric pain.
- Robust ancillary support including coverage from pediatric specific Care Coordination, Social Work, Physical Therapy, Pharmacy, Diagnostic Imaging, Dietary, Respiratory Therapy, Lactation and ChildLife.
- Our NICU leadership team has a long history within Central DuPage Hospital with a continued focus on growth opportunities and succession planning.
- Opportunities to join various committees including Unit-based Shared Decision Making Committee, Staff Advisory Committee and Quality Improvement Committee.
- Staff are able to gain additional certifications including RNC-NIC, CBC, C-ONQS, C-ELBW
The Staff Nurse Inpatientreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
- Effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
- Collects and analyzes data, identifies expected outcomes, develops and implements an individualized plan, coordinates care delivery and evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Directs care and determines the appropriate utilization of any assistant involved in providing direct patient care.
- Collaborates with patient, family, physicians and ancillary staff. Creates a documented plan, focused on outcomes and decisions related to the care and delivery of services that indicates communications with patients, families, and others.
- Participates in shared governance, committee work, and unit projects.
- Evaluates and documents the patient’s responses to nursing interventions in the health record and properly individualizes the plan of care based on the evaluation of findings.
- Utilizes the best available evidence, including research findings to guide practice decisions.
**THIS SIGN-ON BONUS IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO CANDIDATES WITH AT LEAST 1 YEAR OF NICU EXPERIENCE**
**Internals and new grads not eligible for sign-on bonus**
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Current State of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse
- Basic Life Support
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Strong analytic abilities
- Additional requirements for the Emergency Room:
- PALS/ENPC & TNCC within one year of hire
- Additional requirements for the Pediatric Emergency Room:
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- TNCC within one year of hire
- Experience in specific clinical area
- Additional preferences for the Emergency Room and the Pediatric Emergency Room:
- Trauma Nurse Specialist (TNS)
- Emergency Communications Registered Nurse
- Certified Pediatric Nurse
- Certified Emergency Nurse
Addendum #1- Prepost PACU Department
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More