Registered Nurse Float West Region Resource Team Full-time NightsLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 111968 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $32.5 + per hour.
*West Region includes: Central DuPage Hospital, Delnor Hospital, Kishwaukee Hospital, Marian Joy Hospital, and Valley West Hospital.
The West Region Float Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. The West Region Float Nurse effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice. The West Region Float Nurse will be prepared to perform these duties at all West Region hospitals as required by the schedule.
As a Float Nurse and a member of the Resource Team, you will have the unique opportunity to work in multiple specialty areas and treat an expansive range of patient populations. Floating means each shift could be worked in a different unit or in a different hospital. This role affords you the chance to further develop your assessment skills as well as sharpen those in communications and teamwork. Float Nurses work with many diverse people and grow relationships with fellow staff members all over Northwestern Medicine’s west region.
- Collects and analyzes data, identifies expected outcomes, develops and implements an individualized plan, coordinates care delivery and evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Directs care and determines the appropriate utilization of any assistant involved in providing direct patient care.
- Collaborates with patient, family, physicians and ancillary staff. Creates a documented plan, focused on outcomes and decisions related to the care and delivery of services that indicates communications with patients, families, and others.
- Participates in shared governance, committee work, and unit projects.
- Evaluates and documents the patient’s responses to nursing interventions in the health record and properly individualizes the plan of care based on the evaluation of findings.
- Utilizes the best available evidence, including research findings to guide practice decisions.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Current State of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse
- CPR – Basic Life Support
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Strong analytic abilities
- Experience in acute care clinical area
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs