Registered Nurse Admissions In-house Registry Care CoordinationLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 42576 Job Function Nursing Coordinator Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Admission Nursereflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- To serve as an access point resource for physicians, staff, and patients.
- To assist with the most appropriate level of care and admission status.
- To apply approved criteria and guidelines in decision making, as well as managed care rules and practices.
- To ensure a smooth admission experience for patients by coordinating clinical needs with operational processes and insurance benefits.
- Ensures the patient is at the most appropriate level of care for the expressed severity of illness and level of services required.
- Applying national guidelines and clear communication with physicians.
- Assists in easy access to incoming patients by arranging transportation when necessary, coordinating services, and notifying points of entry of patient's impending arrival.
- Queries the admitting physician for additional information as needed to meet medical necessity for admission or appropriate level of care.
- Refers cases to physician advisor for any outlier cases.
- Coordinates admission with registration staff to obtain accurate patient demographics as indicated.
- Refers appropriate cases to patient financial services, risk, peer review, infection control and patient relations.
- Knowledgeable of the available outpatient resources and sites of care within the organization for referral to lesser levels of care when appropriate.
- Coordinates patient activity and flow or movement between levels of care.
- Identifies potential throughput barriers and acts proactively to inform and alert upper management of anticipated delays.
- Reviews clinical against Milliman criteria to help determine patient class and level of care needed.
- Confers with MD to discuss clinical and appropriate level of care when needed.
- At least two to five years of patient care experience in a hospital setting
- BSN required for all new hires as of 1/1/2011
- Able to multi task quickly, and process multi factoral stimulation accurately
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Past experience in admissions, utilization review activities, discharge planning, and/or case management
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs