Regional Director - Professional Practice, Nursing Research, & Innovation, Full-time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 24740 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Regional Director Professional Practice, Nursing Research, and Innovation reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Regional Director, Professional Practice, Nursing Research, and Innovation provides planning, direction, coordination, management and supervision of Professional Practice Team. The scope of services includes regional oversight of student and school experiences, nursing research, nursing peer review, Magnet® recognition, clinical advancement programs, shared decision making, patient care policy and procedure and patient education.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of patient care and staff/human resource data and processes to support the practice of nursing and patient care including utilization of current practice guidelines and standards.
- Evaluates personal performance based on professional practice standards, rules and regulations, and organizational criteria.
- Maintains and demonstrates current knowledge in the administration of healthcare organizations as well as nursing professional development practice to advance nursing practice and the provision of quality healthcare services.
- Oversees West Region Magnet® Recognition program by creating and sustaining a culture of excellence.
- Creates a professional practice environment that fosters excellence in nursing services and exemplifies collaboration with staff at all levels.
- Assures that budget/productivity monitoring processes are in place and that appropriate action plans are put in place to address variances outside of established tolerance parameters.
- Provides oversight of the region’s transition to practice programs (for new graduate and inexperienced acute care nurses) as well as preceptor training and development.
- Provides the expertise in design, development, analysis, and dissemination of new knowledge and the use of evidence to guide and support clinical practice research and improve current methods.
- Promotes and oversees the activities related to nursing research and evidence-based practice and assures compliance with all related rules and regulations set forth by the IRB.
- Maintains relationships with community education partners and oversees activity related to student observations and clinical affiliations assuring compliance with state and regulatory guidelines for management of such programs.
- Oversees all aspects of patient education and assures compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of the clinical advancement pathway infrastructure.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of the shared decision-making infrastructure.
- Coordinates the development, review, and approval of all PCS policies and procedures.
- Leads/participates in other special projects as assigned by CNE.
- DNP or PhD in Nursing or related field - will consider candidates with degree in progress
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the field of professional practice.
- Previous leadership experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certification in Magnet recognized nursing specialty
- Minimum of five years of management experience in healthcare
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs