Regional Director, Professional Development and Simulation, Full-time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 24739 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Regional Director, Professional Development & Simulation reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Regional Director, Professional Development & Simulation provides planning, direction, coordination and supervision of the Professional Development & Simulation team. This role provides internal consultation to the organization on development, implementation and evaluation of professional development and simulation activities and experiences. The Regional Director serves as the organizations authority on the clinical education.
- Oversees the processes of clinical educational program development including but not limited to learning needs assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation (including orientation and continuing education curricula). Ensures the provision of these functions are in alignment with regulatory and accrediting body requirements.
- Provides consultation and coaching on the use of appropriate learning strategies including but not limited to the use of simulation. Consultation includes but is not limited to professional development and simulation team members, nurse and ancillary care leaders, and physicians.
- Manages the day to day activities of the professional development and simulation teams across the West Region.
- Oversees inventory control procedures to monitor supply levels, allocate costs accurately, and ensure supply/equipment availability.
- Prepares annual budget, monitor revenue/expenditures and manage funding sources, ensuring contracts are maintained and revenue sources maximized.
- Develops and implements policies, processes, and procedures for professional development and simulation consistent with organizational mission/objectives, nursing strategic plan, department objective sand professional accrediting body standards.
- Oversees the selection and utilization of evaluation tools (instruments, metrics, and checklists) appropriate for the measurement of professional development and simulation outcomes.
- Solicits internal and external feedback on the performance of the professional development and simulations teams.
- Performs periodic review and evaluation of program; uses internal and external benchmark data and best practices to establish specific targets, timelines and metrics for improvement.
- Oversees the tracking and data management associated with professional development and simulation activities (i.e. monthly operations reports, learning request database, etc.).
- Promotes an environment which encourages innovation and utilization of evidence within the professional development and simulation specialties.
- Supports the preparation and writing of grants related to professional development and simulation programming.
- Provides oversight of the regions transition to practice programs (for new graduate and inexperienced acute care nurses) as well as preceptor training and development. This includes but is not limited to oversight of PTAP accreditation.
- Consults with Nurse Executives, physicians, directors and managers on educational requirements to ensure patient and staff needs are met.
- Ensures provision of educational programs covering the life span including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- Leads/participates in other special projects as assigned by the CNE
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the field of professional development and/or simulation.
- DNP or PhD in Nursing or related field- will consider candidates with degree in progress
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Previous leadership experience in professional development
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certification in simulation science and/or nursing professional development
- Minimum five years of management experience in healthcare
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs