Radiology Technologist CDH Interventional Labs Primary IR Lab Full Time Days on call 30-minute requirement $15,000 Sign-on Bonus New Grads WelcomeLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 79496 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $34.28 + per hour.
**This position comes with a $15,000 sign-on bonus**
The Radiology Technologist I reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
*NEW GRADS WELCOME
- Performs all aspects of patient care in a manner which optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Performs all aspects of interventional procedure process including but not limited to: set up, patient preparation, procedures, supply management and room turnover.
- Pre-procedure: prepares by assessment of each patients relevant clinical data (laboratory values, allergies, history, etc.) prior to preparing patient for procedure or providing instructions/information to patient or significant others.
- Performs sterile table set up and patient preparation following aseptic techniques.
- Maintains medical and surgical asepsis during all procedures per department policy.
- Assists with terminal or routine room cleans as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to scrub in and circulate on diagnostic and advanced interventional procedures with the physicians in at least one subspecialty (cath, IR, neuroIR, EP).
- Provides vascular sheath management (securement and removal) as directed by the physician, following department guidelines.
- Positions and drapes patient to facilitate optimal arterial or venous access for individual procedure type (i.e. dual access sites, trans-radial approach, etc.) while considering patient privacy and comfort.
- Assesses individual patient to determine appropriate procedure protocol and method of application for optimal imaging during specific procedural type.
- Performs intra-procedural clinical documentation via integrated medical record and hemodynamic system.
- Follows through for appropriate entries related to all procedural and/or supply charges.
- Assists with lifting, moving, positioning, and transporting patients to and from procedure table or room to other care areas.
- Employs imaging systems and accessory devices appropriately to achieve generation of quality diagnostic clinical data and procedural outcomes.
- Performs imaging procedures in accordance with radiation safety practices as determined by Illinois Dept. of Nuclear Safety and Nuclear Regulatory Commission to limit radiation exposure to patient, self and other healthcare team members.
- Reviews and evaluates resultant clinical data or imaging for comparison with clinical standards; takes corrective action as needed to achieve and maintain standards.
- Completes the filing and post processing of images.
- Assists with coordination of procedural scheduling as needed.
- Maintains and clean work areas and equipment per hospital standards.
- Consistently monitors stock and specialized inventory to anticipate need and availability for specific case types.
- Practices rotation of dated items and maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
- Takes action to independently report incidence of equipment failure, irregularities in equipment performance, and equipment disrepair to supervisory and/or biomedical/service personnel as soon as possible.
- Assists in updating and developing procedure manuals for angiography, tomography and other special radiographic procedures.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, team members and providers.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Must have ability to provide on-call coverage for emergent procedures and respond to be on duty within 30 minutes or less for cardiac, interventional radiology and neurointerventional radiology procedures.
*Internal and rehire candidates less than 1 year are not eligible for sign on bonus
- Associate's degree in Applied Sciences.
- ARRT Certification.
- IEMA Licensure.
- BLS through American Heart Association.
- ACLS through American Heart Association within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in similar role within an active interventional cardiac cath, NeuroIR, IR, or EP labs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs