Psychiatric Counselor, Full-time, NightsLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 59617 Job Function Mental Health/Social Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Psychiatric Counselor reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Psychiatric Counselor effectively interacts with the patient, their support network and other members of the multi-disciplinary treatment team to provide patient care.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customer with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respect diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contribution of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Conducts intakes consisting of admission forms, Voluntary forms, Voluntary forms, Patient Rights.
- Orients patient to unit and conducts body and belongings search under the direction of RN.
- Plans and implements care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Able to contribute to the Multidisciplinary Treatment Plan.
- Facilitates psycho-educational groups with focus on Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric populations.
- Conducts Community and Wrap-Up Groups. Provides milieu management.
- Under the direction of RN assists with ADs.
- Must be flexible in work schedule to accommodate weekends and holidays/Attends BHS/unit meetings.
- Serves on BHS and unit work groups.
- Responsible for attendance, arriving punctually and following hospital dress code.
- Understands and provides 15 minute COs (close observations) of all patients in the prescribed manner.
- Understands and provides 1:1s and Continuous Supervision per policy when assigned.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with other team members.
- Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines and their duties.
- Communicates to Nursing Leadership any incidents regarding patients and staff that may compromise unit safety.
- Understands Voluntary and Involuntary admission status.
- Able to complete a Petition and to explain a 5 or 15 Day Notice of Discharge.
- Aware of the Certification process and who can complete.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Provides documentation that is timely, accurate, up to date, complete and legible.
- Demonstrates computer competency for accessing In-Folder, E-mail, MyLearning, Kronos and EPIC.
- Bachelor's degree with at least one year of experience on an inpatient behavioral health unit or must have completed at least one semester-long internship in a behavioral health field while pursing graduate education in a mental health field.
- Must have CPI within 90 days of hire.
- Must have BLS within 30 days of hire.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs