Performance & Strategic Dev Manager - Phlebotomy, Full Time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 59114 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Phl - Perf & Strategic Dev Mgr reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Collaborates with leadership to advance quality strategies, ensure a professional work environment, facilitate timelines of services, and enhance patient satisfaction.
- The Manager is responsible for fiscal, human resource, and quality outcomes for their defined service area or unit.
- The Manager places the needs of the patient and other customers as a first priority and demonstrates the skills necessary to meet and exceed expectations.
- The Manager focuses others on a clearly defined, clearly communicated vision and engages individuals and groups to achieve that vision.
- The Manager identifies and develops organizational talent and embraces continuous learning of self and others.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors the unit or service areas capital and operating budget to achieve defined targets.
- Creates annual operating budget and is accountable for monthly financial performance.
- Creates and implements capital request, replacements and departmental projects.
- Partners with the leadership to advance improvement initiatives and opportunities.
- Leads the development and implementation of approaches to attain maximum quality and efficiency of service provision.
- Supports continuous quality improvement initiatives during the Define, Measure, Analyze (DMAIC) phase.
- Facilities annual goal development for department and collaborates with the Laboratory Director and Vice President; monitors performance dashboard.
- Monitors and reports upon departmental productivity (statistics) and works with management team to strategize means to maximize output.
- Develops tools/metrics necessary to adequately assess departmental performance.
- Attracts, develops, and retains exceptional service providers and provides those individuals with an environment that fosters excellence through continuous learning.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and other managers to ensure appropriate staffing.
- Advances innovative retention strategies for staff.
- Develop and implement robust Day 3 NEO for all HealthLab Client personnel to assure highest level of readiness when entering a client office.
- Collaboratively manages the disciplinary process when appropriate.
- Facilitates the mid-year & annual performance review process. Ensure application of staffing tools.
- Develops an innovative and measurable plan to enhance overall employee engagement strategies.
- Customer Focus:
- Clearly identifies the internal and external customer(s) for their department or service are and their respective requirements/expectations.
- Actively seeks methods of concurrent and retrospective feedback from customers, listens to customer feedback and implements solutions and/or interventions as appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison between HL Sales as well as the customer in representing the phlebotomy talent in the office with appropriate education tools and process improvement initiatives.
- Creative Leadership:
- Translates organizational vision into a unit or service area vision that engages staff in contributing to and achieving that vision.
- Coaching and Development:
- Provides daily, just-in-time feedback to improve performance and engage staff.
- Seeks ways to match staff members talents and career interests with organizational opportunities.
- Continuous Learning:
- Continually examines ways to improve business relationships with customers, suppliers, community, etc.
- Seeks and is open to new ideas from a wide range of sources; encourages others to share knowledge and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrates personal alignment with NM's core values of integrity, excellence, patients first, and teamwork.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others.
- Laboratory experience with demonstrated progressive level of responsibility.
- Master's degree
- Certification in area of specialty or administration.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs