Patient Procedure Scheduler- Regional Medical Group, Gastroenterology, Full-Time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID 61677 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 16.59 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Procedure Scheduler reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Reporting to Scheduling Leadership, this customer-service oriented role is responsible for matching patients with a provider who will best meet their healthcare needs, reserves appointments as well as maintains, updates and coordinates NM Centegra Physician Cares daily provider schedules. This position is responsible for adhering to provider and specialty scheduling protocols and the after-hours schedules.
Along with scheduling appointments, this role fulfills a series of duties which are part of the scheduling process including obtaining and inputting accurate registration data, insurance verification and collection of patient payments. In addition, this role acts as a liaison between patients and providers by fielding calls, accessing information in the EMR, contacting the office via telephone and/or sending a message to the appropriate office or group.
- Answers each call with the goal of putting patients at ease and exceeding their expectations.
- Matches patients with providers who will best meet the patients needs with respect to specialty, availability, patient preferences, etc.
- Assists patients in scheduling their appointments from various sources (phone call, patient portal, website, etc.).
- Obtains and/or confirms demographic and financial information and accurately inputs this information into the EMR.
- Responds to customer requests in a proactive and timely manner.
- Addresses all items in the Scheduling Scorecard to ensure the best experience for every call and demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Meets or exceeds expectations for quality of work and productivity set by the department reviews and verifies insurance information, using appropriate technology, to ensure accurate billing and coverage.
- Coordinates patient appointments with other patient care schedules (same day mammograms, dieticians, injections, procedures, gestational diabetes, etc.) providing optimum and timely services.
- Identifies opportunities to schedule appointments for additional wellness services appropriate to the patients age, gender, or family situation.
- Tasks EHR messages to the appropriate clinical group. These messages include medical issues, questions, medication requests/refills, etc.
- Retrieves messages from secure messaging system and tasks EHR messages to clinical group or returns calls to patients to obtain further needed information to handle their requests.
- Retrieves messages from the Medication Line and task EMR messages to clinical group or returns call to patients for further needed information to handle their requests.
- Triages calls to ascertain when a call should be sent to the Hotline instead of a Task.
- Pre-registers each new patient by collecting the patients demographic information.
- Requests and collects monies and co-payments due by the time of the appointment, including balances from previous visits.
- Transfers calls to collections agency or billing department, if necessary.
- Makes a variety of outreach calls received for referrals or wellness visits to schedule appointments for patients, including but not limited to wellness visits, Health Department and IBCCP, gestational diabetic patients and others with chronic conditions.
- Completes paper work for scheduled appointments and mails paperwork to patients as appropriate by appointment type.
- Monitors the Patient Portal queue and accepts portal request as appropriate.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize during high volume times, performing multitasks efficiently.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology in documentation and interactions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all NM Centegra Physician Care procedures in order to effectively schedule multiple procedures.
- Utilizes copy machine, fax, computer and various office equipment daily.
- This position interacts with customers of all ages.
- This position performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent or actively enrolled in high school is required
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with patients, office personnel, physicians
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Physical ability to perform functional requirements as detailed
- Previous scheduling knowledge
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in the Medical field
- 1 + year position related experience
- Bilingual ability
- Sales experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs