Patient Access Concierge - Guest Services, Full-time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 9455 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Access Concierge reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Extends courtesies to patients, staff, families, and visitors in a prompt and responsive manner.
- Uses scheduling and registration systems to identify patient appointments, view or add tracking location and monitor wait time.
- Applies patient wristband under the guidance of the Patient Identification policy.
- Extends courtesies to patients, staff, families and visitors in a prompt and responsive manner.
- Recognizes and facilitates difficult customer situations appropriately, using NM resources for timely resolution understands when to escalate issues or problems.
- Provides information regarding wait time based on established parameters.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Assures that patients with communication needs are identified interactions are handled appropriately.
- Serves as an expert resource in way finding and kiosk utilization.
- Assists in kiosk utilization for patients and family members.
- Uses the Administrative tool in the kiosk system to view flags and possibly assist the registrar with final registration.
- Troubleshoots kiosk issues, escalating to the Help Desk when appropriate.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Communicates customer satisfaction issues to appropriate individuals.
- Provides ideas for process improvements within departments.
- Participates in departmental quality improvement activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities delegated by the Manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 0-2 years of customer service experience.
- Computer data-entry/typing experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer data-entry/typing.
- Must be outgoing, friendly and love to work with the general public.
- Interacts in a customer-focused and compassionate manner to ensure that patients and their representatives needs are met.
- Additional education.
- Customer Service experience.
- 1 year experience in healthcare.
- Additional language skills
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs