Outpatient Services Manager- Central DuPage Hospital, Full-time, DaysWinfield, Illinois Job REQID 6735 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Outpatient Services Managerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Outpatient Services Manager is an operational leader who, in partnership with the Director of Outpatient Services, is responsible for daily operations of the Physician Treatment Center, Pain Clinic and Bariatric Program. The Outpatient Services Manager is responsible for effective daily clinical service operation and insuring that requirements for patient satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality, service and value are met and sustained. This individual serves as a proactive catalyst for operational change in support of PDCA/PI projects, LEAN Rapid Improvement Events, and is directly accountable for creating change in the environment.
This role is responsible for creating a professional practice environment that focuses on the customer. The Outpatient Services Manager will be expected to be flexible to work evening and weekend shifts to coach, mentor staff around PI, LEAN initiatives, quality indicators and other unit initiatives. The Outpatient Services Manager is responsible for the operational management and coordination of the overall activities, clinical services and programs. This position has direct reports.
- Helps all employees make the connection between NM values, their daily work and patient and customer satisfaction. Holds staff accountable for modeling service standards and behaviors.
- Sets clear expectations for continuous quality and service improvement. Uses internal and external benchmark data and best practices to establish specific targets, timelines and metrics for improvement projects.
- Encourages those who identify problems, potential solutions and opportunities for improvement. Supports and empowers staff in piloting new ideas and solutions.
- Creates an environment of partnership, collaboration, seamless quality and service enhancement across teams, departments and divisions of the organization.
- Stays informed of current and emerging issues and trends for areas of accountability, NM organization and healthcare industry. Communicates and educates staff on requirements, changes, advances, opportunities, directions and projections for the future.
- Thinks and acts in ways that support NM strategy, vision and plans. In partnership with Director, identifies opportunities for new business growth and development, expansion of current services, etc.
- Practices fiscal accountability. Encourages staff and team accountability by involving them in budget preparation, identifying ideas for increasing efficiency, cost savings, developing and growing the business and existing services.
- Measures and monitors budget and business development plans; provides ongoing updates to staff.
- Makes effective hiring decisions; completes the 90-day orientation process for new employees.
- Identifies staff's individual skills and interests; provides timely, positive, constructive feedback; addresses performance gaps as they occur with clear action plans and timelines for improvement.
- Supports ongoing learning and skill development for self and staff; provides coaching and mentoring; assigns stretch goals, cross-training and other opportunities for career development within NM.
- Involves staff in planning and decision-making as appropriate. Holds staff accountable for follow-through and results.
- Facilitates change readiness and agility among staff and teams.
- Uses timely, effective communication methods to update staff on departmental and organizational priorities and progress.
- Creates a culture of respectful communication by listening, demonstrating approachability, practicing meeting, voicemail and e-mail courtesy.
- Asks for staff input; encourages diverse perspectives and solutions, drawing from staff, peers, physicians, patients and other stakeholders.
- Acknowledges and celebrates individual and team contributions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- Two years of experience in leadership role
- CPR – Basic Life Support
Master's of Science in Nursing
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Financial Analyst - Contract Systems and Audit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- EVS Tech Lead - CDH, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Obstetrics, Registry, Rotating - $500 Sign-on Bonus Sandwich, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Regional Management Group- Rheumatology- Full-time- Days- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs