Nursing Support Specialist - Central DuPage Hospital - Summer 2023Location Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID EV46182V Job Function Patient Support Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Nursing Support Specialistreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assists with basic patient needs under the supervision of the registered nurse. Duties may include, but are not limited to: answering call lights, offering basic comfort measures, communicating messages from the patient to the nurse, and other general care duties within the scope of this role as appropriate.
- Provides one-on-one patient observation when assigned, remaining at the bedside of patients at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Safely and efficiently transports patients, lab specimens, and other patient related articles.
- Ensures patient rooms are clean, tidy, and stocked with supplies.
- This role may support additional projects, perform administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Exhibits dedication to providing a positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates effective management of the flow of information and communications as appropriate per assignment. Communicates promptly and respectfully.
- Is flexible to float to multiple units.
- Demonstrates proficiency at workflow prioritization and quality multitasking skills.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment by maintaining a continued awareness of safety hazards and observation of the patient.
Mandatory full-time 8 week commitment
- Evening (2pm - 10:30pm) or Night Shift (10pm - 6:30am)
- Some Weekend shifts
- No holidays or overtime
- High school diploma or GED
- Physical ability to perform functional requirements as detailed. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More