Neurodiagnostic Specialist - CDH Neurodiagnostics, Casual, RotatingWinfield, Illinois Job REQID 7274 Job Function Imaging and Radiology Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Neurodiagnostic Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position supports the Neurodiagnostics Lab at Central Dupage Hospital and Delnor Hospital and is primarily responsible for performing Electroencephalograms, Evoked Potentials, Transcranial Dopplers and provide Neurophysiological Intraoperative Monitoring in a variety of settings. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written. The Technologist must possess the experience to work independently, the ability to work in a team environment and continuously strive for superior performance.
- Must perform a clinically competent routine electroencephalogram and long term epilepsy/continuous electroencephalograms for neonate through geriatric populations.
- Must pass internal training EEG training and show proficiency in the recognition of normal and abnormal waveforms.
- Scanning, clipping and pruning of LTME/CEEG studies.
- Must be adept at a variety of application processes, including collodion and paste.
- Must perform clinically competent SSEPs, VERs and ABRs.
- Must possess the skills to provide superior Neurophysiological Intraoperative Monitoring in the Operating Room.
- Recognize abnormalities/potential changes and respond appropriately by communicating to a Supervisor or appropriate Neurologist.
- Recognize abnormalities/potential changes and obtain troubleshooting assistance if necessary.
- Is expected to perform clinically competent evoked potentials, pass internal training and show proficiency in the recognition of normal and abnormal waveforms.
- Is expected to start training in Transcranial Doppler studies and pass internal exam.
- Must be able to work with a variety of age groups and disabilities in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Accuracy in charge posting and maintenance of log book.
- Assist Physician with EMG populace.
- Is expected to start training in Nerve Conduction Studies and pass internal exam.
- Maintain equipment in clean and organized condition.
- Report any equipment issue to Lead Technologist/Supervisor.
- Answer phone and schedule patients.
- At times, will require travel to another hospital to cover shift or assist in heavy workload.
- Rotating call, some weekends, holidays.
- Minimum 10 CEU credits per fiscal year.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with personal computers.
- Completion of training program in END technology or Bachelor's degree in science in lieu of ENDT program.
- At least 5 years of prior experience in any of the following disciplines in lieu of ENDT program or BS degree: EEG, CLTM, EMG, IOM.
- Prior experience in multiple ENDT modalities.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Financial Analyst - Contract Systems and Audit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- EVS Tech Lead - CDH, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Obstetrics, Registry, Rotating - $500 Sign-on Bonus Sandwich, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Regional Management Group- Rheumatology- Full-time- Days- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs