Media Relations Specialist, Full-time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 56527 Job Function Public Relations/External Affairs/Marketing Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 25.83 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Media Relations Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine (NM), adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Media Relations Specialist plays a key role in the execution of the media relations outreach to support key clinical services, hospitals and health system activities. Working closely with media relations leadership, this position will be responsible for the implementation of media strategies and tactics in order to enhance the NM reputation. The Media Relations Specialist is responsible for working closely with internal clients and fellow media relations team members to identify trends, key interests, and potential media topics, in order to secure proactive media opportunities and fulfill reactive media request.
This role requires collaboration with internal partners including hospital and executive and clinical leadership, communications, marketing, social media, etc.
- Supports the health system’s strategic plan and organizational goals by promoting new programs, service enhancements, and clinical experts in specified clinical areas to the news media through a variety of outreach activities including press releases, tailored pitches, social media, b-roll packages, etc.
- Builds positive and credible working relationships with members of the news media by researching and developing new media contacts and through consistent, positive interaction with current contacts.
- Experience using social media to promote, leverage and showcase garnered media coverage and communicate with media.
- Serves as a contact with local news media for interview requests, medical information requests and patient condition reports.
- During a crisis, works closely with Director of Media Relations and other members of the media relations team as appropriate.
- Provides other administrative and professional services as required including working with the team to compile and distribute E-News on a daily basis.
- Serves as the on-call media contact on a rotating basis.
- Responsible for making sure that materials he/she produces adhere to department quality standards, HIPAA privacy laws, and, when applicable, IRB standards for promoting clinical research.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years media relations or related experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Must have thorough knowledge of how the media works and a proven track record of generating press with major outlets.
- Should also possess excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and execute projects with minimal supervision.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs