Manager Professional Development (Central DuPage Hospital) - Full-Time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 78094 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Manager, Professional Development reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Manager of Professional Development provides planning, direction, coordination and supervision of the Professional Development team which includes Professional Development Specialists, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Advanced Practice Partners. In partnership with the Director of Professional Practice and the Program Director of Simulation, this role provides internal consultation to the organization on development, implementation and evaluation of professional development activities/experiences.
- Must be able to withstand physical activity which includes the ability to move or lift at least 50 pounds.
- Travel may be required to facilitate collaboration with entities across Northwestern Medicine.
- Oversees staff scheduling per department and organization guidelines.
- Reviews staff timekeeping in accordance with time and attendance policies.
- Serves as a resource/coach/mentor to PD team members in day to day activities.
- Makes effective hiring decisions.
- Identifies staffs individual skills and interests, provides timely, positive and constructive feedback; addresses performance gaps as they occur with clear action plans and timelines for improvement.
- Completes all team members annual performance evaluations with input from peers and stakeholders.
- Involves staff in planning and decision making as appropriate.
- Holds staff accountable for follow-through and results.
- Acknowledges and celebrates individual and team contributions.
- Facilitates weekly PP team huddles at CDH and Delnor.
- Plans and facilitates monthly leadership meetings in partnership with Director of Professional Practice.
- Performs consistent check-ins with team members as well as the operational leaders they support.
- Oversees inventory control procedures to monitor supply levels, allocate costs accurately, and ensure supply/equipment availability.
- Promotes an environment which encourages innovation and utilization of evidence within the professional development.
- Coordinates the completion and dissemination of Monthly Operations Reports.
- Facilitates annual learning needs assessment and competency development for all team members in partnership with department leadership team.
- Maintain professional growth & development through seminars, webinars, workshops, conferences, and professional affiliations.
- Leads/participates in other special projects as assigned by the Director of Professional Practice.
- MSN or MS in Education.
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse License.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in education and managing education programs.
- Certified Nursing Professional Development, Nurse Executive, Clinical Nurse Specialist, or Clinical Nurse Leader.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs