Manager, HealthLab Account ServicesLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 90185 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Manager, HealthLab Account Services reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This role collaborates with leadership to advance quality strategies, ensure a professional work environment, facilitate timeliness of services, and enhance patient satisfaction. The Account Services Manager is responsible for fiscal, human resource, and quality outcomes for their defined service area or unit. The manager places the needs of the patient and other customers as a first priority and demonstrates the skills necessary to meet and exceed expectations. The manager focuses others on a clearly defined, clearly communicated vision and engages individuals and groups to achieve that vision. The manager identifies and develops organizational talent and embraces continuous learning of self and others.
Core Skills: Performance Manager
- Provides a high level of support to HealthLab Clients
- Serves as the primary relationship owner for the HealthLab book of business
- Responsible for top tier client retention
- Holds a higher level of customer understanding and business need
- Manage team of account managers-responsibilities include-hiring, corrective action, training, performing performance evaluations, and employee engagement.
- Ensure client accounts derive maximum value from laboratory services
- Prepares implementation plans and lead client on-boarding
- Present content strategy and annual business plan through a quarterly business review format to senior leaders at each west region and northwest region hospital network
- Regularly evaluate quality metrics while identifying improvement areas and efficiency focuses
- Identify new opportunities from within existing accounts/practices
- Partner with business development teams within the lab to aid in increasing revenue
- Ensure a deep understanding of client’s individual experiences and processes to head off potential issues before they become problematic
- Partner with internal operations team to identify standardization opportunities
- Leverage technical tools and quantitative data to manage efforts for success and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Prepare data analysis reporting
- Work closely with finance and billing to identify opportunities for reimbursement capture
- Streamline workflow processes across clients and territories
- Provides input on new processes and workflows as needed
- Focuses on ensuring superior customer service levels, operational excellence and strategic insight
- Dynamic ability to engage and influence a variety of audiences at all levels of business
- Confident communication (written and oral) and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Provides guidance to and acts as a mentor for junior staff
- Demonstrates excellent judgement and ability to solve problems, delegates work appropriately and across teams
- Develops and maintains a quality management system which allows for consistent evaluation and improvement of the HealthLab service line and products in relation to physician and patient care requirements. Documents all significant activities and takes corrective action as necessary
- Coaches and develops unit based quality committees to advance top decile performance resulting from high levels of collaboration with internal Quality Manager identifying trends in practice
- Ensures sustained Control phase of DMAIC for all process improvement initiatives
- Designs and implements clinical protocols and quality improvement measures
- Develops systems for improvement of the department’s services provided in relation to physician and patient care requirements.
- Ensures Quality Dashboards are achieved
- Involved in patient care issue follow-up
- Incorporates results of QM audits in the improvement of services and enhancement of patient care consistent with hospital policy.
- Attracts, develops, and retains exceptional service providers and provides those individuals with an environment that fosters excellence through continuous learning
- Advances innovative retention strategies for staff at client sites
- Collaborates effectively with management staff responsible for recruitment of client phlebotomy staff in each region
Basic Core Skills:
- Customer Focus:
- Clearly identifies the internal and external customer(s) for their unit or service area and their respective requirements/expectations
- Actively seeks methods of concurrent and retrospective feedback from customers, listens to customer feedback and implements solutions and/or interventions as appropriate
- Creative Leadership:
- Translates organizational vision into a unit or service area vision that engages staff in contributing to and achieving that vision
- Coaching and Development:
- Provides daily, just-in-time feedback to improve performance and engagement
- Tracks performance to ensure accountability
- Continuous Learning:
- Seeks and is open to new ideas from a wide range of sources; encourages others to share knowledge and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others.
- 3-5 years of laboratory experience with demonstrated progressive level of success and responsibility
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certification in area of specialty or administration
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More