Linen Tech, Full-time, Second shift (WINFIELD, ILLINOIS)Winfield, Illinois Job REQID 6189 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Linen Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Sorts all incoming linen from outside vendor, placing in correct staging area within department.
- Distributes linen to user areas bases on par level.
- Identifies stock shortages and notifies management.
- Answers incoming calls from users identifying linen needs.
- Utilizes department software by putting requests in progress as well as completing work tickets.
- Collects soiled linen throughout the hospital.
- Disposes of damaged linen and adheres to Infection Prevention guidelines according to policies and procedures.
- Maintains work area to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Promotes safety in the workplace, following proper lifting and pushing/pulling techniques and utilizing equipment correctly.
- Notifies supervisor of equipment needing repairs.
- Reports all safety hazards to manager.
- Communicates to supervisor any issues, including inability to complete schedule and is proactive in dealing with observed deficiencies (reports issues/work requests to supervisor/manager or Call Center,picks up debris outside of regular work area).
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationship with hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Exhibits the ability to articulate designed scripting model to each customer we serve.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or in lieu of high school diploma/GED, must have a minimum of two years of linen or housekeeping experience.
- Must exhibit the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and staff.
- Must be able to use the proper tracking and communication tools utilized by department.
- Must be able to work independently.
- HOURS: 2PM- 10:30PM
- Three years of linen or environmental services experience in a healthcare or hospitality environment.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist, Grayslake, Full - Time Grayslake, Illinois
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs