Lab, Manager Operations, Full Time, Days - (SD)Location Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 36552 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Lab Operations Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Manager collaborates with leadership to advance quality strategies, ensure a professional work environment, facilitate timeliness of services, and enhance patient and employee satisfaction. The Manager is responsible for fiscal, human resource, and quality outcomes for their defined service area or unit.
The Manager places the needs of the patient and other customers as a first priority and demonstrates the skills necessary to meet and exceed expectations. The Manager focuses others on a clearly defined, clearly communicated vision and engages individuals and groups to achieve that vision. The Manager identifies and develops organizational talent and embraces continuous learning of self and others.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and leadership to ensure appropriate staffing.
- Advances innovative retention strategies for staff.
- Facilitates and is responsible for the employee engagement process for department.
- Collaboratively manages the corrective action process when appropriate.
- Facilitates the annual performance review process.
- Ensures application of staffing tools.
- Facilitates on-boarding and training of new staff.
- Assumes 24 hour accountability for quality of patient care, human resources, and overall function.
- In conjunction with the Laboratory Operations Director and lab leadership develops section based goals to support hospital and organization mission and objectives.
- Ensures that staff exhibit Patients First standards.
- Facilitates a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach to patient care and interdepartmental problem solving/service delivery.
- Develops and maintains relationships with all customers, suppliers and vendors.
- Assures that service standards are developed, implemented and evaluated.
- Creates an environment of high morale and motivated professionals.
- Ensures that the environment is clean and attractive, safe, and free from hazards for patients, staff and visitors.
- Assumes delegated management responsibilities in the absence of the Director.
- Monitors and manages staff in alignment with hospital productivity standards.
- Facilitates planned growth in new program areas.
- Participates and takes leadership roles in Hospital Committees as appropriate.
- Creates annual operating budget and is accountable for monthly financial performance.
- Creates and implements new and replacement capital requests and departmental projects.
- Partners with leadership to advance improvement initiatives and opportunities.
- Supports continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Monitors and reports on departmental regulatory compliance.
- Monitors and reports upon departmental productivity (statistics) and works with the management team to strategize means to maximize output.
- Develops tools/metrics necessary to adequately assess departmental performance.
- Incorporates results of compliance audits in the improvement of services and enhancement of patient care consistent with hospital policy.
- Develops and maintains a quality management system which allows for consistent evaluation and improvement of services and products in relation to physician and patient care requirements.
- Documents all significant activities and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Designs and implements clinical protocols and quality improvements.
- Develops systems for improvement of the departments services provided in relation to physician and patient care requirements.
- Ensures Quality Dashboards are achieved.
- Involved in patient care issue follow-up.
- Incorporates results of QM audits in the improvement of services and enhancement of patient care consistent with hospital policy.
- Clearly identifies the internal and external customer(s) for their department and their respective requirements/expectations.
- Actively participates in department rounding with internal and external customers to identify and implement solutions and/or interventions as appropriate.
- Translates organizational vision into department vision that engages staff in contributing to and achieving that vision.
- Provides daily, just-in-time feedback to improve performance and self-esteem of staff.
- Tracks coaching discussions and actual performance of associates to ensure accountability.
- Seeks ways to match staff members talents and career interests with organizational opportunities.
- Continually examines ways to improve business relationships with customers, suppliers, community, etc.
- Seeks and is open to new ideas from a wide range of sources; encourages others to share knowledge and best practices.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, local, AABB, FDA, TJC, CAP, CLIA, multi-disciplinary, hospital regulations, policies and procedures.
- Participates in the strategic planning/goal-setting for the department, including the implementation of new technologies and services.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry or an Associate's degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Laboratory certification (ASCP).
- At least 5 years experience in a JCAHO or CAP accredited laboratory with at least 3 years experience in a management position.
- Demonstrates personal alignment with Northwestern Medicine's core values of integrity, excellence, patients first, and teamwork.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others.
- Bachelor of Medical Technology degree.
- Medical Technologist MT (ASCP) Certification.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Clinician - Digestive Health Clinic, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Cook I - West Region - Central DuPage Hospital, Part-time Winfield, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Psychiatric, Part-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Medical/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $2,000 Sign on Bonus! Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs