Interpreter Services Administrative Assistant CDH/Delnor Hospitals Part-time DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 73182 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Interpreter Services Administrative Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
In summary, this role supports the administrative functions of the Interpreter Services Department and serves as a Medically Trained Interpreter when needed. Involved administrative functions include but are not limited to coordinating interpreter schedules, working with internal and external providers/services to coordinate interpreter coverage, data collection and analysis as well as evaluating and processing of external invoices.
- While not the primary function of the role, this position is also a trained medical interpreter and can provided medical interpretation services in accordance with the National Standards of Practice (NCIHC).
- The administrative assistant may need to cover appointments and/or cover pager when there is a department need due to absences and/or critical case, volume surge.
- This role includes screening interpreting requests so that one may triage requests based on intradepartmental triage system, accurate accounting of work time through data entry as well as collaboration with department peers to ensure that additional department activities (rounding etc.) are completed.
Scheduling and Coordination
- The administrative assistant’s primary role is the coordination and facilitation of the interpreter schedule and administrative functions within the Interpreter Services department. This role utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills as well as knowledge of the geographical layout of the departments within CDH, Delnor and RMG to balance demand with efficiency while creating the daily interpreter schedule. Additionally, this role:
- is familiar with all IS Equipment, i.e., VRI, TTY, amplifier, Language Line- patient room phones and wireless phones and is able to instruct staff how to use as well as problem solve issues to facilitate resolution.
- [Administrative Assistant] manages invoice processing and retention including yet not limited to auditing invoice accuracy, addressing discrepancies with vendors, performing data entry and serves as a resource for other interpreters in the consistency and accuracy of data entered.
- skillfully redirects interpreters/re-balances schedule when schedule changes and/or cancellations affect multiple interpreters; makes recommendations to/consults with supervisor or manager for considerations of LOWs and/or other staffing recommendations based on volume as needed; in the absence of supervisor or manager assistant will execute action necessary for department to function efficiently and fairly based on analysis of presenting situation
- Maintains supplies and office equipment, ensuring that economical choices are made within the ordering process
- Serves as an office based coordinator for Medically Trained Interpreters when there are updates to workflow
- Engages in other functions as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Candidate must have a certificate of completion for a Medically Trained Interpreter Course and 3 years active interpreting with certificate.
- Candidate must also demonstrate sufficient skills of interpreting by completing an Interpreting Skills evaluation as arranged by this department.
- Associate's degree
- Skilled use of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and Word
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs