Host/Hostess - Central DuPage Hospital, Weekends only, No benefits, $200.00 Sign-On BonusLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 72962 Job Function Food Services Shift Evening Job (2nd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
View this video to learn more from the heroes that work at Northwestern Medicine.
The Host/Hostess reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is responsible for passing meal trays to patients.
$200.00 Sign-On Bonus
Internal employees and rehires are not eligible for the Sign-On Bonus
hours are weekends only, hours may vary.
- Serves the correct patient tray, confirmed by the diet report, to the correct patient 100% of the time. Checks patient trays accurately for content and diet compliance.
- Accurately prepares patient meal trays.
- Provides all nourishments to patients.
- Follows established department policy and procedure, infection control and isolation guidelines and uses standard precautions when preparing and passing trays.
- Prepares patients to receive meal by opening containers and calling for nurse for positioning and other needs.
- Retrieves trays from patient rooms, record fluid and % intake consumed.
- Collects all trays from unit soiled utility rooms and places in meal cart to return to kitchen. Cleans and sanitizes meal carts and equipment.
- Follows up with patients following meals to assure satisfaction.
- Conducts introduction rounds and distributes room service menus for new patients and those with changed diets.
- Exhibits timely completion of all duties, including menu speaking, and assisting patients with menu selections as needed.
- Communicates menu selections to nutrition operator as needed. Inventories and fills floor stock to par level.
- Stocks supplies in an organized manner - rotates stock according to "first in, first out method."
- Takes food temperatures and acts upon any item out of appropriate range. Checks and records refrigerator and freezer temperatures daily.
- Follows steps outlined in procedure when temperature is out of range; documents actions and resolutions.
- Maintains cleanliness of unit utility areas, refrigerator, and microwave. Discards all unlabeled non-patient, non-floorstock items from clean utility room refrigerator.
- High school diploma or equivalent; or in lieu of high school diploma/GED, must have a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in any of the following: customer service, food service, retail or healthcare.
- Excellent customer service skills
- One year customer service experience
- Familiar with diet restrictions
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs