Hospitality Agent I, CDH, Casual, Second shiftLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 9073 Job Function Housekeeping Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Hospitality Agent I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for receiving incoming calls and initiates work requests to satisfy the customer's need for multiple facilities within the Northwestern Medical System.
- Provide direct support to Hospitality management and making critical decisions in their absence.
- Provides team support by investigation of customer issues, responding to urgent customer service requirements, and supporting/implementing leadership decisions.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management throughout the Integrated Service Team.
- Must be able to multi-task and perform various job duties at one time.
- Acts in place of Hospitality Managers in their absence (i.e. call in staff, take service complaints from departments, assists employees with their payroll or My Learning).
- Answers calls courteously and immediately, documents calls, and accurately enters requests/work orders into the TMS, THM, Sentact or EPIC programs.
- Meets the needs or exceeds the expectations of patients, physicians, associates and others served.
- Has full understanding of the service procedures for the following facilities we receive calls: Central Dupage Hospital, Delnor Community Hospital, Lake Forest Hospital, and Northwestern Memorial
- Has full comprehension of the daily operations of the following departments and can make critical decisions about staffing or prioritizing work when needed: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Clinical Engineering, Engineering, Maintenance, Linen, Valet Parking, Parking Program, Lost and Found, Room Reservations, Emergency Management Equipment, and Centralized Equipment
- Has the ability to diagnose and redirect request outside of Hospitality (i.e.. IT, Operator, Property Management & Medical Office request).
- Cross-trained in EVS, Linen, Patient Transport, Room Reservation and have the ability to complete a task within those departments.
- Dispatches requests immediately to the appropriate departmental staff. Ensures requests are understood and follows through when appropriate.
- Directs the activity of the Hospitality departments and their employees, ensuring timely completion of tasks.
- Monitors procedures related to availability and completion of tasks.
- Follows up on issues related to service and operations.
- Minimizes errors and maintains high quality by monitoring data and work.
- Develops and maintains system for organizing work and information.
- Understands and demonstrates proficiency with the use of communication and computer equipment.
- Utilizes effective dispatch logic in prioritizing tasks and dispatching assignments to the appropriate personnel in order of priority and availability.
- Consistently completes all data input/typing assignments efficiently, timely and accurately.
- Assumes responsibility for problem solving and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Identifies problems, conducts research, resolves issues and makes recommendations to department managers and Director of Hospitality Services.
- Notifies managers of potential situations and unreasonable response times and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for departmental operations.
- Resolves problems related to patient, visitor and staff complaints and recommends and participates in the solution (Service Recovery).
- Has full understanding of all Hospitality Departmental service level agreements and can make critical decisions about staffing or prioritizing work when needed.
- Assists manager with on-boarding of new employees.
- Is responsible for the appearance, cleanliness, and orderliness of assigned equipment, supplies, and space in the Call Center.
- High School Diploma
- Clerical experience required
- Working in an environment with high call volume experience required
- Ability to multitask
- Basic computer skills
- Hours: 3pm-9pm and every other weekend and Holidays
- Some college
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs