HB Coding Analyst, Full-time, DaysLocation Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 49599 Job Function Health Information Management Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 25.83 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Annual Employee Incentive Bonus
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $5,250 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year
Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio
The HB Coding Analystreflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The HB Coding Analyst is the coding and reimbursement expert in ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding and has expertise with HCPC Level I and II procedural codes. Also demonstrates expertise to resolve NCD/LCD and NCCI edits of hard-coded (Chargemaster) and soft-coded (coder assigned) HCPC codes.
- Utilizes technical coding expertise to assign appropriate ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes to outpatient visit types
- Utilizes technical coding expertise to assign Evaluation and Management codes for physician encounters
- Reviews the medical record thoroughly, utilizing all available documentation to code appropriate diagnoses, procedures, and evaluation and management services
- Collaborates with Patient Accounting, Registration, case managers, and other clinical areas to provide coding reimbursement expertise
- Interprets health record documentation using knowledge of anatomy, physiology, clinical disease process, pharmacology, and medical terminology to report appropriate diagnoses and/or procedures
- Follows ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, Coding Clinic, Coding Clinic for HCPCs, CPT Assistant, interprets coding conventions and instructional notes to select appropriate diagnoses and procedures with a minimum of 95% accuracy
- Resolves NCCI, NCD/LCD or other outpatient edit claim failures as assigned
- Meets established minimum coding productivity and quality standards for each outpatient encounter type
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years of experience in acute healthcare setting
- RHIT or RHIA or CCS or CCS-P or COC or CPC
- AHIMA or AAPC membership
- RHIA/RHIT with CCS, CCS-P, COC, CPC
- 4 years’ experience in acute healthcare setting
- 4 years’ experience in a professional setting
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs