Director, Lab Outreach Ops - Full-Time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 54650 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Director, Lab Outreach Ops reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of the Vice President Operations, the Director has the authority and accountability for the management of all client relations and customer service areas within Northwestern Medicine, CDH, and HealthLab including, service, courier, supply and phlebotomy departments. This position is key in creating new and maintaining existing internal and external client relationships in alignment with organizational goals.
The director is responsible for implementing the strategic vision as it relates to quality patient care, laboratory function and human resource management. This position is responsible for financial management and has accountability for establishing and monitoring the operating, capital budgets. The Director is responsible for translating NM's mission, objectives, policies and procedures into effective action.
The Director, Lab Outreach Operations will maintain operational responsibility for assigned business units and any associated projects. The Director models effective leadership behaviors to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Resolves problems by maintaining strong lines of communication with the VP of Operations, Medical Directors, Pathologists, Client Services, Sales, Billing, Couriers, Management, Phlebotomy, and all technical areas.
- Directs the operations performance by following or establishing quality standards, troubleshooting procedures and ensuring personnel remain in compliance with all associated regulatory agencies.
- Develops and maintains a quality management system which allows for consistent evaluation and improvement of services and products in relation to physician and patient care requirements.
- Documents all significant activities and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Develops systems for improvement of the departments services provided in relation to physician and patient care requirements.
- Oversight of departmental productivity through monitoring of daily/monthly workload volumes and reviews with management.
- Directs the maintenance of records and procedures determined by CAP, CLIA and management.
- Analyzes, plans, and executes on Operational projects assigned by the VP of Operations and in coordination with all departments.
- Formulates and implements policies and procedures to facilitate processes and clarify and correct procedural problems.
- Evaluates the feasibility, coordination and implementation of new or revised systems, processes and procedures, to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of strategies that enhance the image of NM and the community.
- Collaborates with Medical Staff leadership and other departments as needed regarding practices and standard operating procedures that relate to NM.
- Responsible for meeting operational, financial and strategic goals for unit/area or program.
- Assumes 24 hour accountability for quality of patient care, human resources, and overall function.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, local, AABB, FDA, JCAHO, CAP, CLIA, multi-disciplinary, hospital regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Master's degree with Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- 8 years of management experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Demonstrated progressive leadership/management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across multidisciplinary departments.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills, ability to appropriately confront and resolve issues.
- Ability to build teams, motivate individuals and groups.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to communicate well and drive change across the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, and management skills.
- Excellent judgment and quality assessment skills.
- Working knowledge of trends in health care management, staff issues and economics.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs