Cytotechnologist - $10,000 Sign on Bonus, Full Time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 5428 Job Function Laboratory Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
$10,000 Sign on Bonus (Internal Transfers and rehires of less than a year are ineligible)
The Cytotechnologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for microscopic examination of gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides for infectious, pre-malignant, and malignant disease processes.
- Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Provides accurate information and timely updates to patients and customers.
- Addresses questions and concerns promptly, or identifies appropriate person and resources to do so.
- Provides directions or help to patients and customers with finding their way.
- Uses effective service recovery skills to solve problems or service breakdowns when they occur.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to reduce costs, streamline work processes, improve and grow services we provide.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform cytology screening on all specimens submitted for cytology using the 2001 Bethesda terminology.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to successfully demonstrate the ability to prioritize and complete work quickly as the needs of the department change.
- Performs all aspects of daily work in a manner that contributes to and ensures an environment of patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Is customer oriented and able to communicate and work effectively with all levels of staff, as well as co-workers.
- Answers department telephone in a polite manner, communicating messages appropriately and clearly to all staff members.
- Demonstrates a willingness to support co-workers; voluntarily pitches in.
- Willing to mentor and train new staff.
- Acts as an integral member of the team.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly with all.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and other ancillary departments.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Handles stressful situations in a mature and professional manner.
- Has the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workflow and maintain an organized workspace.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Provides documentation that is timely, accurate, up to date, complete and legible.
- Daily documenting of interpretations to include the total number of slides screened and the total number of hours spent screening.
- Participates in professional growth and development activities and shares knowledge from continuing education programs with co-workers.
- Maintains regulatory requirements. (i.e. continuing education, ASCP, proficiency testing).
- Seeks out and obtains learning opportunities.
- Attends annual review and departmental staff meetings.
- Demonstrates basic keyboard and computer skills to operate industry specific software used in Anatomic Pathology, Outlook (e-mail & calendar) and MS Word.
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and computer.
- Performs miscellaneous typing, filing and copying.
- Manages and operates office equipment safety and correctly.
- Bachelor Requirement: Upon hire must provide hard copy of diploma and/or transcripts of a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Tech, Clinical Lab Science, Chemistry, Biology, or Allied Health qualifying the applicant to take the national ASCP certifying exam.
- Must provide proof of Education as stated in the CLIA guidelines.
- Must obtain Cytotechnologist (CT) (ASCP) or equivalent certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Individual must meet requirements for performing high complexity testing as defined by federal licensing guidelines (CLIA) and accreditation agencies (TJC,CAP).
- Liquid based Cytology training/certification: ThinPrep.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs