Cook I - West Region - CDH, Part-time, Days/EveningsLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 21796 Job Function Food Services Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Cook I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position supports the Food and Nutrition Team by preparing food and meal items in a safe and sanitary manner.
32 hours a week. 3 days a week the schedule is 5am-1:30pm. I day a week the schedule is 3pm-7pm and every other weekend the schedule if 3pm-7pm. There is some flexiblility with this schedule.
- Measures, mixes, and prepares ingredients according to approved recipes.
- Demonstrates understanding and proper use of kitchen equipment including, but not limited to: blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, ovens, etc.
- Demonstrates basic knife skills (chopping, slicing, dicing, paring)
- Prepares and presents café, patient, and catering menu items according to recipes and standards.
- Prepares and presents salad bar and ingredients to standards, as necessary.
- Maintains product levels, appearance, and cleanliness of work areas and service stations.
- Observes infection control and HACCP practices at all times.
- Maintains kitchen/station in safe and organized manner.
- Serves food that is flavorful and appealing.
- Only changes ingredients or seasonings when directed by chef or culinary leader.
- Consults with manager regarding handling of any leftovers.
- Other duties may be assigned by managers or supervisors due to operational needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent; or in lieu of high school diploma/GED, must have a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in any of the following: cooking, production, or food service.
- Successful completion of Safe Food Handler certification within 1 year of hire.
- Previous healthcare cooking experience.
- Completion of some culinary schooling
- Basic knowledge of special diets.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Phlebotomist- Diagnostic Testing Center, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Remote Inpatient Coder I - Hospital Billing, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Centralized Scheduling Rep, Full-time, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Administrative Tech - Pediatrics, Part-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs