Coding Educator, Outpatient Coding, Full-Time, DaysLocation Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 47419 Job Function Health Information Management Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio
The Coding Educator, HB Coding reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Coding Educator is responsible for creating and delivering education to the Coding Team, Clinical Documentation Nurses, Physicians, and other licensed providers to improve the quality of documentation to assure best quality performance and representation of care provided. In addition, the educator collaborates with the CMOs to ensure the integrity of the Health Record is established through best practices in Clinical Documentation and Coding.
- Monthly monitoring of the clinical dashboard demonstrating improvement in statistical targets.
- Communicates with Leadership across the regions to develop educational programs that address the identified opportunities to improve clinical dashboard results
- Identifies strategic plans that will positively impact the clinical dashboard
- Through relationship development across the regions identifies and secure interdepartmental support and other resources necessary for successful origination and implementation of education strategy initiatives in order to achieve overall strategic targets
- Performs other audits as requested
- Analyzes dashboard and audit data to derive conclusions and construct action plans
- Onboards new staff on coding protocols
- Develops teaching tools to promote quality outcomes
- RHIT or RHIA or CCS
- Associate's degree - healthcare related
- Five years of coding experience in area of expertise
- Strong personal computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Planning and time management skills
- Educational/training experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field or currently enrolled in AHIMA RHIT HIM Program
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs