Clinical Research Nurse - Neuro/Stroke, Full-time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 16721 Job Function Research Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Research Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Clinical Research Nurse practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills and is responsible for all aspects of coordinating a clinical trial as delegated by the Principal Investigator under all applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
- Facilitates, maintains, and coordinates the logistical aspects of assigned study protocols with other research staff in accordance with Good Clinical Practice, standard operating procedures, applicable nursing practices and sponsor requirements.
- Provides direct nursing patient care including, but not limited to inpatient admission and discharge, where applicable, diagnosis, administration of medications, and performance of applicable clinical study-related tests as well as maintaining continual clinical assessment of study subjects under the direction of the principal investigator or supervising physician.
- Attends investigator's meetings, coordinates and attends pre-study site visits, study initiation visits, and all other study-related visits by Monitors or Sponsor representatives, when required.
- Arranges for procedures and necessary visits performed by external vendors that are necessary to the conduct of the study.
- Schedules and leads in-house protocol meetings to review study-related procedures, staffing and visit flow.
- Schedules and coordinates all medical needs and coverage for protocol related procedures.
- Maintains and documents all study-related communication including, but not limited to the principal investigator or supervising physician, study subjects, Sponsor or Sponsor representative(s) and IRB throughout the clinical trial.
- Responsible for giving subject instructions for study participation and serves as the primary contact for subjects by being available to handle study-specific questions, concerns, or events.
- Ensures all protocol procedures are completed per study requirements.
- Obtains and documents all adverse event data on appropriate forms and reports adverse event data to the appropriate parties as outlined by the study protocol, regulations and applicable policies and procedures.
- Assures quality and completeness of source documents collected during the course of the study to assist with overall principal investigator review and approval.
- Ensures accurate, complete and timely data entry into CRFs using 100% source documentation verification to assist with overall principal investigator review and approval.
- Schedules, leads and assists with all study-related visits on site and is readily available during visits for applicable corrections, questions, or other study-related or site needs.
- Supervises document retention, security and destruction, where applicable.
- Responsible for completing all necessary training for the position, including study protocol specific training and Health System policies and procedures.
- Trains other study specific research staff in collection and reporting of required data, where applicable.
- Maintains research files, designs forms as needed, reports findings as appropriate, assists in preparation or review of material for submission to an IRB including reviewing and editing protocols and consent documents, where applicable.
- Travels between hospital locations where research is conducted.
- Performs all other functions as related to this job and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse.
- Two years of experience in managing all aspects of clinical research trials with in-depth knowledge of protocol requirements and Good Clinical Practice.
- Intermediate computer and internet knowledge.
- Excellent customer service and patient care skills
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication abilities.
- BSN or MSN
- Three to five years of experience in clinical research trials.
- ACRP or SOCRA certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Case Manager - CDH Care Coordination, Full-time, Days Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical/Surgical Intermediate Unit, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Center(Post-Operative Care Unit), Part-time, Days, $1,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Medical/Surgical Intermediate Unit, Part-time, Nights $1,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs