Clinical Research Coordinator - Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute at Central DuPage Hospital, Full-time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 34913 Job Function Research Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Research Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Facilitates, maintains, and coordinates the logistical aspects of assigned study protocols with other research staff in accordance with Good Clinical Practice, standard operating procedures and sponsor requirements.
- Provides direct patient care pursuant to a study protocol including dispensation of investigational medications and performance of study tests under the delegation and direction of the principal investigator or supervising physician.
- Attends investigator's meetings, coordinates and attends pre-study site visits, study initiation visits, and all other study-related visits by Monitors or Sponsor representatives, when required.
- Arranges for procedures and necessary visits performed by external vendors that are necessary to the conduct of the study.
- Schedules and leads in-house protocol meetings to review study-related procedures, staffing and visit flow.
- Schedules and coordinates all medical needs and coverage for protocol related procedures.
- Maintains and documents all study-related communication including, but not limited to the principal investigator or supervising physician, study subjects, Sponsor or Sponsor representative(s) and IRB throughout the clinical trial.
- Responsible for giving subject instructions for study participation and serves as the primary contact for subjects by being available to handle study-specific questions, concerns, or events.
- Ensures all protocol procedures are completed per study requirements.
- Obtains and documents all adverse event data on appropriate forms and reports adverse event data to the appropriate parties as outlined by the study protocol, regulations and applicable policies and procedures.
- Assures quality and completeness of source documents collected during the course of the study to assist with overall principal investigator review and approval.
- Ensures accurate, complete and timely data entry into CRFs using 100% source documentation verification to assist with overall principal investigator review and approval.
- Schedules, leads and assists with all study-related visits on site and is readily available during visits for applicable corrections, questions, or other study-related or site needs.
- Supervises document retention, security and destruction, where applicable.
- Responsible for completing all necessary training for the position, including study protocol specific training and Health System policies and procedures.
- Trains other study specific research staff in collection and reporting of required data, where applicable.
- Maintains research files, designs forms as needed, reports findings as appropriate, assists in preparation or review of material for submission to an IRB including reviewing and editing protocols and consent documents, where applicable.
- Performs all other functions as related to this job and assigned.
- Ability to travel between hospital locations where research is conducted.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Two years of experience in managing all aspects of clinical research trials with in-depth knowledge of protocol requirements and Good Clinical Practice.
- Intermediate computer and internet knowledge.
- Excellent customer service and patient care skills.
- Meticulous organizational skills.
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication abilities.
- Three to five years of experience in clinical research trials.
- ACRP or SOCRA certification.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant- RMG Allergy Winfield, Full-Time, Days [$2,000 Sign-On Bonus] Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transcatheter Valve Publications Coordinator, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Medical Assistant - Urology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nursing House Supervisor - PH Nursing Management, Full-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs