Clinical Director - Pediatrics/PICU, Full-time, DaysLocation Winfield, Illinois Business Unit Central DuPage Hospital Job REQID 33721 Job Function Director Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Director reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Nurse Managers coordinate activities between defined areas and provide clinical and administrative leadership and expertise. They facilitate an atmosphere of interactive management and the development of collegial relationships among nursing personnel and others. They serve as a link between nursing personnel and other health care disciplines throughout the organization. Nurse managers have major responsibility for the implementation of the vision, mission, plans and standards of the organization and nursing services within their defined areas of responsibility.
- Utilizes nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, planning 7 evaluating) to support the practice of nursing and the delivery of care.
- Performance Appraisal: Evaluates her/his own performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statutes and regulations, and organizational criteria.
- Education: Acquires and maintains current knowledge in administrative practice.
- Collegiality: Fosters a professional environment.
- Ethics: Decisions and actions are based on ethical principles.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with nursing staff at all levels, interdisciplinary teams, executive officers and other stakeholders.
- Research: Supports research and integrates it into the delivery of nursing care and nursing administration.
- Resource Utilization: Evaluates and administers the resources of organized nursing services within their areas of responsibility.
- Master's degree
- Must be able to demonstrate a degree in Nursing (BSN or MSN)
- Licensed Registered Nurse in Illinois
- Two to four years of experience in specialty area
- BLS Certification
- PALS Certification
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Decisive judgement
- Excellent customer & interpersonal skills
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Clinician - Digestive Health Clinic, Full-Time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Cook I - West Region - Central DuPage Hospital, Part-time Winfield, Illinois
- Certified Nursing Assistant - PH Psychiatric, Part-Time, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - Delnor Medical/Surgical, Full Time, Nights - $2,000 Sign on Bonus! Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs